BajaNomad

New Member Hello

david_larch - 5-7-2014 at 12:12 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm David and I'm addicted to Baja.

After just two quick 4 day trips to surf and chill in Baja, I have the bug and am constantly looking for an excuse to go. I'm in San Diego and dont know many others, personally, who go so I'm happy to join this little community to share and learn.

Viva!

Alan - 5-7-2014 at 12:27 PM

Welcome to your new family. Like all families, some "special" members escape from the basement occasionally. If you just ignore them they won't hurt you so just hold on for the ride!

Welcome!

Whale-ista - 5-7-2014 at 12:47 PM

I'm also in San Diego, and try to head south often, esp during whale season. You're right: it can be hard to find people willing/able to make the trip south sometimes.

Once you figure out the U2U feature, send a message if you ever want to caravan south for whales, or wine in Guadalupe Valley etc.!

churro - 5-7-2014 at 12:48 PM

Welcome aboard David!

BajaBlanca - 5-7-2014 at 01:06 PM

Welcome to the fun!

Udo - 5-7-2014 at 01:26 PM

Welcome to the family, David!

I first visited in 1966 for a four day weekend, and that was 46 years ago.

Bob53 - 5-7-2014 at 01:31 PM

Welcome! I'm in Fallbrook. Not far from San Diego. I usually go down once a month or every other month. Hit me up.

DENNIS - 5-7-2014 at 02:16 PM

Welcome to BajaNomad, David. Get comfortable and make yourself at home.

sancho - 5-7-2014 at 03:26 PM

Don't know the numbers, but San Diego must head the
list in Baja Travellers, many begin with surfing trips,
some like me in the early '70's and before. I'm sure
Encinitis has it's share

Pompano - 5-7-2014 at 04:24 PM

Hello David...and welcome. Did you bring a chicken... or some firewood?

Marc - 5-7-2014 at 05:00 PM

Hi & welcome. I surf at Swami's when I am in your neck of the woods.:cool::cool::cool:

david_larch - 5-7-2014 at 05:49 PM

What a great reception!

Whale-ista: will do, I'm interested in both.

Bob53: will do, an likewise - drop me a line.

Pompano: I brought both!

Kgryfon - 5-7-2014 at 05:54 PM

Welcome !

David K - 5-7-2014 at 05:56 PM

Hi David, welcome to Baja Nomad... if I can help with trip ideas, historic site information, how to post photos here, etc. JUST LET ME KNOW! My web site is totally designed to help adventure seekers find places to visit in Baja ( http://vivabaja.com ). I live in San Marcos and work in North County. Please share some of your trips or favorite Baja activities with us.
Gracias!
David K

Ateo - 5-7-2014 at 05:58 PM

Welcome aboard David. Hope to be reading some trip reports from ya soon! I have about 3 to post that I just haven't had time to do. Bienvenidos a Baja Nomad.

DawnPatrol - 5-7-2014 at 07:30 PM

Welcome David ! I am relatively new also and they haven't abused me too much (yet) LOL

bajario - 5-7-2014 at 07:32 PM

Welcome neighbor.

dasubergeek - 5-7-2014 at 08:50 PM

Welcome, I live in Anaheim and go down usually to Ensenada and the Valle de Guadalupe.

david_larch - 5-7-2014 at 09:03 PM

Bajario, we are probably quite close neighbors, I'm in Cardiff as well!

bajajudy - 5-8-2014 at 12:14 AM

Bienvenidos!

bajario - 5-8-2014 at 05:54 AM

Cool. I'm on Nolbey. Bring Modelo. I'm the tall middle aged white guy in the front yard yelling at cars going up and down to fast.

You'll find this site to be a wealth of Baja knowledge that keeps us North of Border folks in the loop and as close to the real thing as we can get while still up here.

durrelllrobert - 5-8-2014 at 08:13 AM

Welcome to nomadlandia David, and FYI Bob53 I used to live on Santa Margerita right up the road from Cirkle K before I moved to Punta Banda permanently 9 years ago. Drop by sometime.

Bob H - 5-8-2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Welcome to the family, David!

I first visited in 1966 for a four day weekend, and that was 46 years ago.

Udo, wouldn't that be 48 years ago! :spingrin:

WELCOME to NOMAD-LAND David !!

[Edited on 5-8-2014 by Bob H]

toneart - 5-8-2014 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

Welcome from an old balsa board surfer back in the day.

BobH-
Your signiture line is a rhetorical question; one we cannot win. But if you are a good Buddist, it doesn't really matter.:cool::light:

"If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear.... is he still wrong?"

toneart - 5-9-2014 at 02:31 PM

Sorry David!

I didn't mean to kill your thread. The quote boxes got screwed up and my post (above) didn't make any sense.

So, I am the former balsa board surfer from the 1950s in Southern Ca. who welcomed you aboard the Baja Nomad Forum.

The rest of the post was to BobH, whom I have met and tried to quote but screwed up the process.

So...your entry was a good one and I hope others will continue the thread. Again...Welcome! :bounce:

Tony

willyAirstream - 5-9-2014 at 05:17 PM

Welcome to Baja and Nomads. Just don`t get lost, nomads is low on bandwidth.