BajaNomad

La Mision to Playas to Rosarito

Ateo - 5-8-2014 at 06:12 PM

Random weekend stuff...........stayed at the Mision Hotel next to the Lighthouse Bar/Restaurant. I liked the room...........totally clean and inexpensive. I left the window open all night and heard crashing waves.

The new fence that separates the two La Fondas:

New favorite bar/restaurant:

The rest of the trip:

Checked out Fausto Polanco:

Headed to the beach for some waves in Rosarito:

Las Salinas:

And the best steak dinner I've ever had in Mexico:

[Edited on 5-9-2014 by Ateo]

woody with a view - 5-8-2014 at 06:21 PM

that fence is classic! chip board joists!!!! who knew?

I like La Salina too!

Ateo - 5-8-2014 at 06:27 PM

How does one get their boat out of La Salina Woody? Maybe my photo was at low tide, but it sure looked very shallow. They could use a good dredging.

Sano's

bajaguy - 5-8-2014 at 06:33 PM

Glad you liked Sano's.....one of our favorites

woody with a view - 5-8-2014 at 06:42 PM

you go at medium rising tide, with zero swell and hug one side then come back about 4 hours later before the tide bottoms out.....

Ateo - 5-8-2014 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Glad you liked Sano's.....one of our favorites

I almost went with your normal order. We ended up mixing it up a bit, but I can totally understand splitting a porterhouse and the salad between 2 people!

Food was amazing!

Ateo - 5-8-2014 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
you go at medium rising tide, with zero swell and hug one side then come back about 4 hours later before the tide bottoms out.....

Sounds sketchy! Even for the big boats??!!!!??? I saw a few large crafts in the marina that looked like they were there for good, never to leave, due to the sand situation!!!! What do I know?

David K - 5-8-2014 at 07:33 PM

Did you eat at the Half Way House? Is Chef Johnny still there?

[Edited on 5-9-2014 by David K]

Chef Johnny.JPG - 34kB

TMW - 5-9-2014 at 09:21 AM

I haven't been to the Half Way House for almost 30 years. When ever I pass by I say I'm going but just haven't. Also been thinking of eating at Sano's, good to know the steaks are excellent.

willardguy - 5-9-2014 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

Sounds sketchy! Even for the big boats??!!!!??? I saw a few large crafts in the marina that looked like they were there for good, never to leave, due to the sand situation!!!! What do I know?
you are correct, and thus aren't paying slip fee's and the dredge is idle. ahhh mexico!:lol:

bajacalifornian - 5-9-2014 at 10:41 AM

Captan to talk with is BornFisher on this board. Apart from the Mexican pangas fishing from here, Bill is the prolific prolific fisherman here.

Bob53 - 5-9-2014 at 10:52 AM

Love the Half Way House and the La Salina Cantina. Been going to those places since the dark ages. Yes, I'm that old.