BajaNomad

El Narco

Heather - 5-9-2014 at 12:44 PM

Has anyone read this book by Ioan Grillo. It's pretty interesting...and depressing!

I would highly recommend for anyone living SOB...you may not know what you've got yourself into!

...and speaking of gun control...chronicles many of the assault rifles etc., that are legal and or manufactured in the US, but find their way into Mexico...where they are put to not so good use!

[Edited on 5-9-2014 by Heather]

guns going south

captkw - 5-9-2014 at 01:00 PM

He he,, we let guns go across the border so we can track them!! ATF says...And the americans accept that !!!.My ass..Holder ! we all (here) know you cant track squat in mexico..I still am amazed no one even got demoted or fired:fire:

DENNIS - 5-9-2014 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
He he,, we let guns go across the border so we can track them!! ATF says...And the americans accept that !!!.My burro..Holder ! we all (here) know you cant track squat in mexico..I still am amazed no one even got demoted or fired:fire:

Well...we tracked one of them to the murder of a US officer
"Fast and Furious" was the name for the program.

SlyOnce - 5-9-2014 at 02:30 PM

I read the book and subscribe to his blog. There is also a very good narco blog called Borderland Beat.

If you live in Baja, as I do, you should stay informed.

aguachico - 5-9-2014 at 05:00 PM

Read it. Good book. I think the first thing that really surprised me was a hit in Juarez costs only $1000 pesos. As I'm sitting at home listening my bloody neighbor begin the one of three days constant blaring music, A 1000 pesos is chump change.