BajaNomad

Back in San Diego

tjsue - 5-10-2014 at 11:56 AM

I'm back in San Diego now. I got the keys to my new apartment on April 30, and starting that day, made a trip across the border with my belongings on April 30, May 2, 4, 6, 7, & 8. I still have one more trip to get the rest of my things out and start cleaning.

The movers came on May 7, and my neighbors were giving me grief while the furniture was being moved out. Then they wanted me to give them the gate keys when I was leaving. I told them that the rent was paid until May 31, and I would be sending the landlord an email as soon as I got home, and I did.

He hasn't been too happy with them, and didn't want me to move, but I told him a couple of months ago, that if the problems continued, I was going to move, and he didn't believe me. So now he's lost a tenant that paid the rent in full, on time every month.

He wanted me to trade in my paid for van for a small car to make payments on, just to continue living there. I told him, "I don't think so." He got an email from my phone the day that I signed the lease.

[Edited on 5-10-2014 by tjsue]

weebray - 5-10-2014 at 12:10 PM

That'll send em a message.

DENNIS - 5-10-2014 at 12:12 PM

Good luck, Sue. Sounds like you left a snake pit just in time.

tjsue - 5-10-2014 at 12:36 PM

Yes, Dennis, I had nothing but problems from the day that I moved in, and Tijuana wasn't the problem, it was the neighbors.

I have a two page list of problems by each neighbor to give to my landlord when we do the walkthrough. I have to go back Monday to get the rest of my things out, and start cleaning the place. I considering moving within walking distance to the border, but decided that I was better off moving back to San Diego, workwise.

Apparently they thought I was a rich American, due to having Social Security coming every month, plus all of my small appliances, computer and TV.

BajaBlanca - 5-10-2014 at 12:38 PM

Boy, such a big move here and back. Best of luck with everything.

tjsue - 5-10-2014 at 12:47 PM

Thanks, I think it's going to be much better. It's just wasn't worth staying in Tijuana, even in another place. If I had moved somewhere else there, and had problems, I wouldn't have had the finances to move back to San Diego, so I decided I was better off doing it now, and luckily I found a place that I could afford on my income.

My cat is a minority here, he's the only cat, everyone else has little dogs, mostly Chihuahuas, and Chihuahua mixes.