BajaNomad

mexican army firepower

willardguy - 5-10-2014 at 07:24 PM

hey how come these guys are never invited to our wars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDGIW_sXvc

DENNIS - 5-10-2014 at 07:31 PM

That's hysterical. :lol:

rts551 - 5-10-2014 at 08:44 PM

I could not stop laughing

1bobo - 5-10-2014 at 10:01 PM

Colombian military, supplied by the U.S., trained by the U.S. Not quite as funny?

DENNIS - 5-11-2014 at 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1bobo
Colombian military, supplied by the U.S., trained by the U.S. Not quite as funny?

Still hysterical. :lol:

Archie - 5-11-2014 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

It might be because they´re not Mexican Army, thats a Colombian Army uniform..

But now i know why you get your ass kicked out of every country in "your wars", if you cant even tell apart who´s the friend or foe.

:rolleyes:

Ateo - 5-11-2014 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

It might be because they´re not Mexican Army, thats a Colombian Army uniform..

But now i know why you get your burro kicked out of every country in "your wars", if you cant even tell apart who´s the friend or foe.

:rolleyes:

Hey come on! Cut us some slack. We (The USA) are great at spending our grandchildren's money to finance those wars!!!

DENNIS - 5-11-2014 at 07:23 AM

So...a funny little video morphs into a US bashing thread...and on Mother's Day to boot.

durrelllrobert - 5-11-2014 at 07:47 AM

The US doesn't even use those puny 60mm mortars any more. We just provide them to other nations. This link shows training of the Afghan Army:

www.army.mil/…./10th...mortarmen_60mm_mortar_syste...

Bwana_John - 5-11-2014 at 08:05 AM

Anybody notice the 40mm grenade launchers mounted under the soldados G-3's at the Hwy 3/5 checkpoint?

I saw them for the first time on 2 of our last 3 trips this last year through that area.

DavidE - 5-12-2014 at 10:11 AM

Ooops, the mortars were bound for Pakistan, where of course Al Qaeda would buy them. Clerical error.

I don't want an army equipped like a North Korean shock division in Mexico.

Out of all the utterly corrupt politicians, government administrators, state and local police, the SSP...on and on...

The Ejercito Mexicano and Marinas Armada (below the rank of major) are the only honest and decent part of Mexico administration.

willardguy - 5-12-2014 at 10:38 AM

well so much for a little levity:no:now you all get back to the serious business at hand!:rolleyes:

Bob53 - 5-12-2014 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So...a funny little video morphs into a US bashing thread...and on Mother's Day to boot.

Yeah, someone needs to grow a sense of humor.

I thought it was hilarious.

DENNIS - 5-12-2014 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob53

Yeah, someone needs to grow a sense of humor.

I thought it was hilarious.

Fer sure.........Laurel and Hardy join the Special Forces.

DirkEXC - 5-12-2014 at 03:23 PM

Not mexico but its one of my personal favorites.

http://webmail.earthlink.net/wam/MsgAttachment?msgid=6419&am...

DENNIS - 5-12-2014 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DirkEXC
Not mexico but its one of my personal favorites.

http://webmail.earthlink.net/wam/MsgAttachment?msgid=6419&am...

Tried and tried, but can't make your link link

rinaric15 - 5-13-2014 at 06:39 AM

NOT MEXICAN ARMY , IT IS COLOMBIAN

chuckie - 5-13-2014 at 06:47 AM

Uh? Somebody already said that..What does it matter if they were Martian? Supposed to be humorous....GEEZ...

vgabndo - 5-13-2014 at 08:19 AM

Anyone who thinks that is funny WASN'T THERE. Having had several "short round" experiences with a 106 mm "reckless rifle", I can guarantee the operators of the weapon didn't need a laxative!:lol:

During my service against the "Communist Block" what always impressed me was the simple things the "enemy" did to thwart the US. The USSR had an 82mm mortar. They could use our captured 81mm ammunition, but their ammo wouldn't fit in our tubes!! Zero expense with possible major payback! Sort of like how the USA spent millions developing a ball point pen that would write in space, and the Russians, who can still afford a space program, sent their guys up with pencils. :lol:

I'd also invite anyone to watch one of the videos of the Mexican Fuerzas Especiales in training. Quite impressive!

viabaja - 5-15-2014 at 05:12 PM

Damn right you run! Short round mortars bad news!

chuckie - 5-15-2014 at 05:33 PM

I guess this is where we all tell war stories? I still think the clip was funny....

tripledigitken - 5-15-2014 at 07:07 PM

Reminds me of Woody Allen's "Bananas".

DENNIS - 5-15-2014 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I guess this is where we all tell war stories? I still think the clip was funny....

It was a funny magazine too. :biggrin: