BajaNomad

FINAL UPDATE FOR DICK KASHEYDOG

DENNIS - 5-11-2014 at 08:04 AM

This was in my mail this AM:

"...Sorry to report that Dick passed this morning at 2:36"

The suffering has stopped, thank God.

DEP amigo.

rts551 - 5-11-2014 at 08:15 AM

so many people leaving us this year...or so it seems.

woody with a view - 5-11-2014 at 08:41 AM

Rest in Peace!

OB lost another.....:saint:

EnsenadaDr - 5-11-2014 at 08:45 AM

The last time I talked to him he was not in pain and was being kept comfortable at the hospice in North County. I am sad he couldn't enjoy his last few years in retirement in Baja which he wanted to do so badly. Here is the message he had on his answering machine till the very end:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

So sad he couldn't complete his dreams. He is sailing on a much more peaceful journey now.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This was in my mail this AM:

"...Sorry to report that Dick passed this morning at 2:36"

The suffering has stopped, thank God.

DEP amigo.

[Edited on 5-11-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

BajaBlanca - 5-11-2014 at 08:48 AM

RIP in the big ocean in the sky, Dick! I bet your spot is BAJA just as you envisioned.

David K - 5-11-2014 at 09:23 AM

Vaya Con Dios KasheyDog and thanks for the friendship!

shari - 5-11-2014 at 10:31 AM

See you on the other side amigo...I love you and will miss you my dear fellow. I am so glad we got to hang with the whales before you left.

I too am pondering how so many of the good ones are leaving...kind of like a slow kind of rapture????

willardguy - 5-11-2014 at 12:06 PM

shortly after Dick drew this card, my daughter and I were enjoying some libations with Dick at our favorite watering hole and my daughter was complimenting Dick on how good he smelled, so clean and fresh. course this left Dick beaming. when it was time for Dick to tap out he reaches in his pocket for money and pulls out a half dozen dryer sheets! we had a good laugh! RIP Dick

Udo - 5-11-2014 at 12:10 PM

Vaya co Dios, Amigo!

DENNIS - 5-11-2014 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
shortly after Dick drew this card, my daughter and I were enjoying some libations with Dick at our favorite watering hole and my daughter was complimenting Dick on how good he smelled, so clean and fresh. course this left Dick beaming. when it was time for Dick to tap out he reaches in his pocket for money and pulls out a half dozen dryer sheets! we had a good laugh! RIP Dick

A single man on the prowl has his tricks. :lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-11-2014 at 01:14 PM

Good-By, Kasheydog (Dick Kashey)

bajaguy - 5-12-2014 at 05:43 PM

Received this e-mail today....a fitting send off
Hello to all the friends of Dick Kashey...

Dick made it clear to me that he wanted no funeral, or service of any kind... I told him that was understood, but would he object if a few of us got together, maybe had an adult beverage or two, and tell some stories about him?? He said, "that sounds about right"...

To that end, those of you who enjoyed knowing Dick Kashey will please join us as we say our goodbyes. We'll meet at the Coyote Bar and Grill in Carlsbad, on Thursday the 22nd of May, at 3:00..

We'll have a opportunity to say a few words about our friend, and enjoy the afternoon together. I look forward to meeting those many of you who have been so kind to Dick during these final months of his life, and hearing about your history with him.

Hope you all can show up, and please forward my note to anybody who I may have missed..

Thanks-

Bob Delaney
760-208-5877

300 Carlsbad Village Dr # 114
Carlsbad, CA 92008-2990

Coyote Bar & Grill is located on the North-East corner of the Carlsbad Village Faire Plaza.

Exit I-5 on Carlsbad Village Drive
Head South-West on Carlsbad Village Drive for 0.8 miles
Turn Right into Carlsbad Village Shops

Lee - 5-13-2014 at 07:21 AM

One more comment. When I saw Dick Spring '11, we were hanging with the whales and Shari at the Lagoon, staying at the Cowboy in GN, he was happy. He had a grin that was ready to break into a smile -- in fact he seemed to be smiling all the time.

He talked about retirement, traveling around Baja, and his love for Mexico. I might have thought I never met anyone happier about being in Baja.

He was a special person and loved. Sail on, Sailor.

DENNIS - 5-13-2014 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Fine words, Mr. Lee.

David K - 5-13-2014 at 08:22 AM

That's the way he was all the time I think. Once I visited with him at car dealership he worked at and he was all positive and had his retirement plans worked out touring the USA and then touring Baja.

EnsenadaDr - 5-13-2014 at 06:19 PM

I think this is the thing that affected me the most. Dick was so positive and upbeat, and after almost 70 years of working hard in the car business he wanted to retire and enjoy Baja and Mainland Mexico. How ironic that he was so excited and ready for his retirement and just a few months after retirement he was dealt the worst hand of the cards of life that anyone could be given. We weren't very close friends, but he took my daughter and I to the Marine Room in La Jolla one evening and I asked for separate checks which he refused and went up to the waiter and paid the whole check and he spent a good $300 on the evening and then we met at another first class restaurant Donovan's in La Jolla and again he picked up the tab to my offer of going dutch. He was such a generous person and we didn't even know each other that well. Thank you Dick for all the times you were generous, kind and caring.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
One more comment. When I saw Dick Spring '11, we were hanging with the whales and Shari at the Lagoon, staying at the Cowboy in GN, he was happy. He had a grin that was ready to break into a smile -- in fact he seemed to be smiling all the time.

He talked about retirement, traveling around Baja, and his love for Mexico. I might have thought I never met anyone happier about being in Baja.

EnsenadaDr - 5-13-2014 at 06:37 PM

David he did have on his recording that this saying was from Mark Twain. When I think of Mark Twain sailing down the Mississippi, I think about the ride Pirates of the Caribbean where you travel through the bayous and the old man rocking on the porch smoking his corn cob pipe, and the crickets chirping in the background. How peaceful is that?
Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

mcfez - 5-15-2014 at 08:06 AM