BajaNomad

Shari & Asuncion

bajacalifornian - 5-16-2014 at 08:24 AM

Just returned from our 3rd ride to Rosarito . . . in recent weeks. Good reasons, like a daughters wedding in Scottsdale, NOB.

Special thing about this run was our stop in Asuncion . . . primarily to meet Sheri.

Familiar region, I'd driven beaches north & south of Asuncion in 1990.

This revisit, however, is a reminder of a spot of magic, to dip your feet in the Sea of Baja Travel.

So simple. Pop into El Rosario . . . stay with perhaps the Turista Motel.

Next day, cross the Desierto de Vizcaino and drink it in.

A classic touch of Baja, so near the masses.

Next up . . . see Shari and revisit Tortugas on a similar run.

Hoping for a camera by then.

tiotomasbcs - 5-16-2014 at 09:24 AM

Good people, Juan and Shari. The people of Asuncion also are very friendly. Good food & Spirits, Jeff? The new road makes it an easy visit. Tio

vgabndo - 5-16-2014 at 12:27 PM

Jeff, it was a pleasure to meet you and your sweet wife. What a hoot that she remembers my license plate from Loreto years ago. I'm sorry your visit wasn't longer.

woody with a view - 5-17-2014 at 07:34 AM

that is a great place!

shari - 5-17-2014 at 12:24 PM

So glad we were able to dip our dedos in the friendship waters amigos...sure look forward to spending more time with you both. and thanks for dinner...the pulpo in chipotle cream sauce at Loncheria Mari's was wonderful!!!

[Edited on 5-17-2014 by shari]

mulegemichael - 5-30-2014 at 03:23 PM

shari, mi amiga, how do i find the muralist from santa rosalia that did your work?....i am down now for two weeks and would love to have him do both of our guest casitas...luvies, m.

shari - 5-30-2014 at 03:29 PM

He's still in Asuncion...we keep finding him more projects to do and he's painted several walls in businesses in town. We will try to find him a ride to Mulege...I'll ask him tonight when he can go...he'll need a place to sleep prolly. In the meantime, get a drawing or picture of what you want and he will paint it well! He drinks Coke and is real low maintenance and a sweet guy.