BajaNomad

Any regrets? In life I mean, would you change it?

bajalearner - 5-16-2014 at 09:40 AM

I am 60 and feel my life is fairly good. I made some good choices and would change some things.

What does this have to do with Baja? I think the people on Bajanomad are those who make decisions and take actions to pursue their dreams. Does that bring happiness and/or regret? Also, I reflect while thinking of the man eating bacon all his life and dropping dead at 45. Would he have wanted another 30 years if it meant eating "healthy" (or not smoking)? Is it a matter of not doing the smart thing for the sake of moments of pleasure. I want personal freedom but I want my health too. My dad had major heart disease in his mid forties.

For me, I am satisfied. I did not make any real bad choices in life and I made it a good life. And here I am; enjoying the culture, weather and beauty of Baja. I will continue to see other places in MX.

Are you living your dream?

David K - 5-16-2014 at 09:49 AM

Yes... all and all we have a good life when compared to other places.
Baja has been a major part of my life and I thank my dad and mom for planting their love of Baja in me. I am 56 and want to continue to explore and write more. Baja is an endless treasure chest of adventures and fun.

24baja - 5-16-2014 at 09:50 AM

We feel that if we had regrets and took a different fork in the road we would not be where we are today. Any of the forks could have taken away our sons, our love of family, our opportunity to explore Baja etc. so regrets.....absolutely not.

Bajaboy - 5-16-2014 at 10:17 AM

all my choices in life got me to where I am at and I'm a happy man...so no, I would not make any changes.

dorado50 - 5-16-2014 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalearner
I am 60 and feel my life is fairly good. I made some good choices and would change some things.

What does this have to do with Baja? I think the people on Bajanomad are those who make decisions and take actions to pursue their dreams. Does that bring happiness and/or regret? Also, I reflect while thinking of the man eating bacon all his life and dropping dead at 45. Would he have wanted another 30 years if it meant eating "healthy" (or not smoking)? Is it a matter of not doing the smart thing for the sake of moments of pleasure. I want personal freedom but I want my health too. My dad had major heart disease in his mid forties.

For me, I am satisfied. I did not make any real bad choices in life and I made it a good life. And here I am; enjoying the culture, weather and beauty of Baja. I will continue to see other places in MX.

Are you living your dream?

So your saying that if I stop eating bacon I will live past 45? How profound! Just put six more fatty strips to fulfill my
gratification! :lol:

Pompano - 5-16-2014 at 10:43 AM

Regrets? Only when I look backwards, but I'm not going that way, so who cares?

"Regrets? I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention...."

.....well, maybe one...

...on changing the name on a used boat I bought....

weebray - 5-16-2014 at 11:01 AM

I fell in love with La Paz on my first visit here in the 70's. After years of travel and life all over this planet I get to hole up back here where "I left my heart." This town is a hidden jewel. The major bonus is I'm lucky enough to have the sweetest girl in the world to share it with. I wouldn't change a thing.

Cypress - 5-16-2014 at 11:08 AM

Regrets? You never know. What might seem like something to regret could well have been a blessing.;)

DENNIS - 5-16-2014 at 11:18 AM

What difference does it make? Me and Sinatra did it "My Way."

Barry A. - 5-16-2014 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
all my choices in life got me to where I am at and I'm a happy man...so no, I would not make any changes.

I am with BajaBoy --------No regrets at all. What a wonderful ride I have had, and am having. (-:

Barry

sancho - 5-16-2014 at 11:31 AM

A few things that seemed muy importante in one's
younger yrs., are totally meaningless now. I'm happy
where I'm am now. Could be the The Old Guys Rule speaking
here, but I don't envy the 19 yr. old finding his way
now. When I'm in Baja or the Sierras I enjoy every moment

pauldavidmena - 5-16-2014 at 11:32 AM

To quote Mickey Mantle, "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

TMW - 5-16-2014 at 12:07 PM

This is a discussion I've had with friends over the years. While I would probably change some of the things I've done I really only have one regret in life and that is not selling my Bakersfield home at the height of the market in 05 or 06. It would have sold for twice what it's worth today and I could have paid off my San Diego house and had plenty of money leftover. Otherwise no, I'm happy and live life as I wish doing what I want to.

danaeb - 5-16-2014 at 12:12 PM

I have no regrets. I have two homes now, San Diego and La Paz, When I was young I spent my crazy years in TJ, Rosarito and Ensenada. Now I'm retired and I'm still hooked.

Osprey - 5-16-2014 at 12:34 PM

Regrets, regrets? What do you people know about regrets? I have no idea how I got here and it's a miracle that it suits me. You couldn't hire me to be the way I am.

monoloco - 5-16-2014 at 01:14 PM

If I had it to do all over again, I would have bought $10,000 worth of Wal Mart stock in 1970, which would be worth more than 10 million today. :lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 5-16-2014 at 01:50 PM

Only three!

rts551 - 5-16-2014 at 01:55 PM

First, I am very happy with my life... but

Everyone has regrets! And very few will post them! (At least some things at to be private in this life)

Skipjack Joe - 5-16-2014 at 02:46 PM

I regret I didn't pounce on my first girlfriend. Waited too many years.

dtbushpilot - 5-16-2014 at 02:57 PM

No.

Alan - 5-16-2014 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
I have no regrets. I have two homes now, San Diego and La Paz, When I was young I spent my crazy years in TJ, Rosarito and Ensenada. Now I'm retired and I'm still hooked.
If those crazy years were in the late sixties or early 70's we may have met in an earlier life:lol:

jimgrms - 5-16-2014 at 03:33 PM

I Regret out living my money

watizname - 5-17-2014 at 07:58 AM

The way each event of our lives are interconnected, I'd be afraid to change anything. I think they call it the "butterfly effect." Change one little thing, and it could change your whole world. I think I'll stick with what I have. I have it pretty good. :coolup:

Regrets?

durrelllrobert - 5-17-2014 at 10:31 AM

Just marrying my Ex-wife. Wait; scratch that. If I hadn't married her I wouldn't have my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids today. No regrets for that.

MMc - 5-17-2014 at 10:41 AM

As I said when I was turning 50 and about to get my shoulder rebuilt, "If I knew I was going to in this good of shape I would have gone harder".:tumble::spingrin::tumble::spingrin:
My life has been very good and will continue to be blessed for as long as it lasts.

Trueheart - 5-18-2014 at 07:52 AM

durrellrobert:

Was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the topic headline. Was wondering if anyone else thought the same, and bingo, there's your post.
That "ex" dilemma thing. Sure don't miss her, but kids/grandkids has higher standing.

I could have divorced her almost ten years prior and looking back it would have made more sense, been better for all. Live and learn. That past experience taught me what a wonderful wife I have now.

durrelllrobert - 5-18-2014 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
durrellrobert:

Was thinking exactly what you said when I saw the topic headline. Was wondering if anyone else thought the same, and bingo, there's your post.
That "ex" dilemma thing. Sure don't miss her, but kids/grandkids has higher standing.

I could have divorced her almost ten years prior and looking back it would have made more sense, been better for all. Live and learn. That past experience taught me what a wonderful wife I have now.
Mega dittos for my current wife.

life

captkw - 5-18-2014 at 08:15 AM

Myself,,Have gotten to the age where I know what I want in a car and a Dog...and know what I don't want in a Lady !!

durrelllrobert - 5-18-2014 at 08:48 AM

"...and know what I don't want in a Lady !!" :lol::lol:
Are you practicing abstinence now?

grace59 - 5-18-2014 at 09:21 AM

I'm almost 55 now and sometimes I wonder about what would have happened if I'd done one thing over another in my life, but I don't regret anything....what has come before makes us who we are today and I am happy with that. After all, it has led me to Baja where I have a beautiful home and many friends. My heart is there and hopefully I can be there full time soon!
As Mark Twain said,
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Go out there and live it while you can!!! That way when you can no longer explore you will have great memories and no regrets!!

MY ONLY REGRET...

AmoPescar - 5-18-2014 at 04:19 PM

ON DECEMBER 12, 1980....

I would have bought another 10,000 shares of APPLE from their IPO!!

MIGUELAMO :yes: :light: :yes: :light: :yes:

SlyOnce - 5-19-2014 at 01:29 PM

I spent half the money I ever made on women and boats.
The rest I wasted!

mulegemichael - 5-19-2014 at 02:42 PM

nope!...not one thing!

bajacalifornian - 5-20-2014 at 01:12 PM

My answer is from a 21 foot VHF antennae.

First crossed the border maybe 11 years ago with it extending beyond the front & rear a long ass 4 door 4x4 previous government owned Ford pickup . . . long bed. Surprised when the border guys didn't think a thing of it.

Built a tall tower for it. Became Radio Loreto, same antennae the coast guard uses at their American stations.

Anyway, the tower leaned after the last storm . . . cannot be repaired . . . tower is corroded, and came down today.

Dropping the thing, the antennae fractured. Toll of intense sunlight here. It was brittle.

So how's it relate? Cannot be helped. Time and stuff took its toll, same as my body.

Do the best you can given your vices. Baja helps. Be dead if I hadn't come here.

bajalearner - 5-20-2014 at 04:49 PM

Many inspiring sentiments. Nice.

bajadogs - 5-20-2014 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
ON DECEMBER 12, 1980....

I would have bought another 10,000 shares of APPLE from their IPO!!

MIGUELAMO :yes: :light: :yes: :light: :yes:

Funny you should say that. I just opened my dividend check from Apple. I bought at $8 a share a long time ago. I sure do regret not buying more.

I regret not facing my fears more often... dancing with lions, suppressing my lizard brain.
I'm not talking about riding a motorcycle in the rain at midnight with federales stopping me with their AK47s. I'm talking about my fear of getting out of my comfort zone with meeting new people, telling a woman she is beautiful, attempting to speak Spanish with the locals when I really want to hear their story. I have missed many opportunities because I was so afraid people would think I would say something stupid.

I even have a fear of clicking the "post reply" button.

Here goes...

deportes - 5-20-2014 at 07:48 PM

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life/common-regrets-of-the-d...

Interesting article from a nurse in Australia.

Baja keeps calling. Hope I don't regret waiting for retirement!

Gracias a la vida que me ha dado tanto!

emorris548 - 5-20-2014 at 07:50 PM

In 2010 and again in 2013 we decided to go other places rather than Baja. Looking forward this winter to go home, visit our friends and to do anything to help the people of Mulege to recover. We have seen a lit in our travels but Baja always feels like home.

dirtbikr - 5-20-2014 at 07:54 PM

I regret not realizing the mormon church is a cult and not getting out sooner.

Marc - 5-20-2014 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Just marrying my Ex-wife. Wait; scratch that. If I hadn't married her I wouldn't have my kids, grand kids and great-grandkids today. No regrets for that.

DITTO BRO

bajacalifornian - 5-20-2014 at 08:36 PM

Hey bajadogs . . . glad to hear you say that. I enjoy your posts.

Developed as an introvert myself. Had to make myself be social. Still unnatural for me.

Anyway, we saved ourselves from being a politician.

bajadogs - 5-20-2014 at 09:57 PM

Thanks Bajacalifornian. Your posts have been some of the best I've seen here. So as a loner, or introvert, you sure have found a way to emerse yourself into some Baja. That's my regret.

bajalearner - 5-21-2014 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueheart
durrellrobert:

The "ex" decision is a regret for me because I wanted and still wish I would be married for life and work out the problems (or at least learn to live with them). I worked at it but it takes two to do that. If I could do that part again, I would wait and find a more compatible partner. Maybe my ex thinks the same way and I don't claim to be perfect.

My parents were married forever but watched tv in different rooms later in life??? So I don't know if Ward and Mrs. Cleaver exist. Do they? :?:

nbacc - 5-21-2014 at 08:46 AM

Regrets????? We all have some, even if we would not change them .....but go forward and continue to enjoy the ride especially if you are in Baja. Mine is not starting the Baja thing earlier in life.

unbob - 5-23-2014 at 11:09 AM

As a guy pushing 70, yes, I do have some regrets. How could anyone who has lived say more than half a century not have any regrets. Not possible. Either they're in denial or haven't spent enough time alone pondering the possible regrets of their life.

On the other hand, I feel blessed and could die a happy man tomorrow. Life is good and there for all to enjoy. Go for the gusto!

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtbikr

I was gonna post something similar but you summed it up in a way.

Barry A. - 5-23-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unbob
As a guy pushing 70, yes, I do have some regrets. How could anyone who has lived say more than half a century not have any regrets. Not possible. Either they're in denial or haven't spent enough time alone pondering the possible regrets of their life.

On the other hand, I feel blessed and could die a happy man tomorrow. Life is good and there for all to enjoy. Go for the gusto!

I repeat-------I honestly have no regrets--------period!!! I am 76 and have done almost everything I ever wanted to do. What's to regret??? You call it "denial"-------I call it a positive attitude.

Life is good!!!

Barry

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 11:36 AM

I'm not into the poetic "I wouldn't change a thing" type of thing. =)

I've made mistakes in life. Not big things, but things that I would do differently if given the chance to do over. But, there are no do-overs in life so I guess that idea is squashed.

I dated a couple girls way too long. Should've ended that earlier.

I've pulled back on some big waves, at the last second. Should've just gone for it.

One thing I wouldn't change: I decided to not go out and party with some friends in High School. That may have saved my life, because one died in the car crash, and the others are all mentally scarred. I wouldn't change that decision.

I regret saying some mean things to other kids growing up.

I guess we can only go forward into the future and make better decisions that enhance our relationships with other humans.

[Edited on 5-23-2014 by Ateo]

bajalearner - 5-23-2014 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:

And all the other collection plates? You do understand they are all the same don't you?

Barry A. - 5-23-2014 at 11:41 AM

Ateo--------I have a terrible memory for stuff like you mention. It's not "denial", but it IS probably self-protection as I never dwell on bad stuff for long as it is------well-------depressing!!! :tumble:

(it drives my wife crazy) :lol:

Barry

bajalearner - 5-23-2014 at 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unbob

Me too. I always heard the herd say "life is too short". I am not selfish, I will go happy when it's my time.

[Edited on 5-23-2014 by bajalearner]

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And all the other collection plates? You do understand they are all the same don't you?

Yep, they're all the same in my book. Send me your money to do the work of god..................and buy a fancy car. I was watching the 700 club this morning. That's a regret I have!

Regrets? Some, But Nothing That Keeps Me Up at Night

Gypsy Jan - 5-23-2014 at 11:58 AM

Mostly, it's, "I wish I had been paying attention/been smart enough to realize the opportunity at the time."

Every sunrise is a new opportunity to expand on what is here and to accomplish mo' bettah.

:tumble:

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Ateo--------I have a terrible memory for stuff like you mention. It's not "denial", but it IS probably self-protection as I never dwell on bad stuff for long as it is------well-------depressing!!! :tumble:

Barry

I hear ya on that! I tend to hold onto things in my mind. It's probably what makes me depressed though! Makes for better lyrics I guess.

Maybe your route is better though! :light:

Cisco - 5-23-2014 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

Barry

I hear ya on that! I tend to hold onto things in my mind. It's probably what makes me depressed though! Makes for better lyrics I guess.

Maybe your route is better though! :light:

Jon, one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Today is a NEW beginning - take a deep breath, smile, and START AGAIN.

Everythang's All Right

MrBillM - 5-23-2014 at 12:39 PM

As one noted personality says when asked how he's doing..............."BETTER than I DESERVE".

Which is usually True.

My greatest regret at one time was not disposing of my last ex-wife, but I got over it.

Probably wouldn't have worked out and THEN I'd have Regrets worth mentioning.

And, God rewarded my decision by allowing me to be around after old age turned her into a crippled obese diabetic that I outlived.

Good decisions are their own reward ?

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 12:39 PM

Thanks Cisco. I was kind of being playful with that post......cuz I'm HAPPY!

vgabndo - 5-23-2014 at 12:40 PM

This thread started-off so positively that I held back saying anything. I have a lot of regrets, but I have also always been my own worst critic.

At 70 the one thing that keeps coming back as something I wish I could fix, or change, or apologize for is that when I was 21 I took advantage of a naive 18 year old college girl's crush on me to consensually use her for a night. I didn't have any feelings for her, and I had no concern for her feelings, and I know from the weeks that followed, that I caused deep emotional hurt to an innocent human.

I only have a little time left, and I'm making the most of it, but I felt it only honest to share that deep stinging recurring regret. My 'lesson learned' is not much use to the Nomad demographic, and perhaps not too meaningful to today's 18-20's, though I think it should be.

Lee - 5-23-2014 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Not exactly a regret but close: my Catholic education was close to purgatory including the Jesuit university I dropped out of. The nuns could be charged with child abuse today.

Feelings

MrBillM - 5-23-2014 at 12:45 PM

Looking back at numerous such occasions I, like most (?) felt great affection.

Which usually faded with the daylight.

danaeb - 5-23-2014 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
If those crazy years were in the late sixties or early 70's we may have met in an earlier life:lol:

I lied to my parents and snuck down to TJ with friends on my 17th birthday. I confessed to my mother on my 40th birthday.

Early 70's (when I was legal): Saturday night dances at the Rosarito Beach Hotel and bloody marys at the great solarium bar the next morning.

Hussongs: Where everyone was your best friend after a couple of hours, until someone ended up in the cage in the "police station" at the back of the bar. The smell of sawdust on the floor.

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 12:57 PM

Hey vgabndo: Thanks for sharing that. I think many people, alive and dead have been in a similar circumstance. Probably billions. Using other humans for our own gratification, in whatever way, is a common human trait. The fact that you feel bad about it shows you have morals. Much worse goes on every day, in every corner of the world.

Still, I'm sure it can still hang on your heart. Ok, not your hurt, your brain. We all have made mistakes. I think you've done your penance.

Your brother in Thor,
Jon

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 01:04 PM

I regret getting punched (not slapped) in the face by an ex-girlfriend in front of an entire group of people at a house party, that I was hosting. I immediately yelled, "The party's over, get the hell out of here -- ASAP!!!"

A few stayed to make sure things didn't escalate. That is when the utter shame, dejection, and embarrassment set in.

Ok, the confessional is open.

bajalearner - 5-23-2014 at 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Mostly, it's, "I wish I had been paying attention/been smart enough to realize the opportunity at the time."

Every sunrise is a new opportunity to expand on what is here and to accomplish mo' bettah.

:tumble:

"To have become a deeper man is the privilege of those who have suffered." Oscar Wilde

rts551 - 5-23-2014 at 02:18 PM

I regret not getting SD residency when I lived in CA.

Holy Crappen Snickensnacks, You Guys!

Gypsy Jan - 5-23-2014 at 04:59 PM

I know many numbers of women who would crawl on hot lava rocks and broken glass just to hear from their loved one this kind of open dialogue.

How come you can write and post your innermost feelings on an open forum?

I sure as hell hope you are furnishing copies to the ones who love you.

bajalearner - 5-23-2014 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
I know many numbers of women who would crawl on hot lava rocks and broken glass just to hear from their loved one this kind of open dialogue.

Maybe because it is accepted and listened to??? But if many ex's will crawl on hot lava rocks, then it is worthwhile. :lol:

Skipjack Joe - 5-23-2014 at 06:17 PM

Reliving your life has been the subject of several really fine movies. Two that I can think of are: Peggy Sue got Married and Groundhog Day. Oh, and now that I think of it, there was that Capra movie with Jimmy Stewart made in the 40's.

In all cases the conclusion was that you never appreciate how good you had it. Perhaps that's because of what film producer, Mayer, once said - I want everyone leaving the theater with a smile.

Of the three, Groundhog Day is the most interesting, probably because it treats a serious subject as a comedy. One of the things that come out of it is how unsatisfying it is to relive one's life and to try to improve upon it. One of the surprising conclusions contradicts our accepted belief. The conclusion is that what makes life so pleasurable is that it's temporary and happens only once. This makes everything always new and everything is valuable.

Here is the trailer for Peggy Sue Got Married.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9hDe8VhpU

On the more comical side - having known nomads for several years it's fun to postulate what their regrets may have been. Gypsy Jan, for example, could have used a few more dogs in her life. :lol::lol:

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 06:41 PM

Quote:

It could all be lies...................or it could be the truth! Ha ha.

Ateo - 5-23-2014 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Reliving your life has been the subject of several really fine movies.

Of the three, Groundhog Day is the most interesting, probably because it treats a serious subject as a comedy. One of the things that come out of it is how unsatisfying it is to relive one's life and to try to improve upon it. One of the surprising conclusions contradicts our accepted belief. The conclusion is that what makes life so pleasurable is that it's temporary and happens only once. This makes everything always new and everything is valuable.

Yeah, a good movie, and yep it's a surprising conclusion that contradicts our normal beliefs. I mean, gosh, we all want to stay alive for as long as we can. We're here for a very short time. But to live forever? Maybe some of us could handle it, but I know someday I'd like to turn the light off and get some rest.

:lol::lol::lol:

In Reply to All of You

Gypsy Jan - 5-23-2014 at 07:21 PM

Who have speculated about my domestic arrangements.

I have never paid money to acquire a dog or a man.

They have found their way to me on their own and, if I am interpreting their body language and attitudes correctly, they are grateful and happy.

J.P. - 5-23-2014 at 08:12 PM

I was luck to find a program 30 years ago that taught me that the mistakes of the past should only be used as a measuring device to gauge the successes of today. my past is the sum and total of who I am today and I am reasonably happy with that.

vgabndo - 5-23-2014 at 08:40 PM

Quote:

Jan, thank you. I can also cry without shame. ;)

It wasn't always that way. I had a normal upbringing in the 40's and 50's. I held my tears and turned my hurts to anger and fit right in for most of my life. I was real short of healthy role models. For the last 7 years, since my "weekend", I've been working with an international men's group to help men transform themselves into the men they always said they wanted to be, and incidentally, that women have been waiting for. I'm a big exponent of MKP. https://nwta.mkp.org/

Lee - 5-23-2014 at 08:53 PM

I've regretted not treating my ex's better and generally the women in my life.

Regret willingly going to Vietnam twice.

That's about it.

A Wilde view of life

MrBillM - 5-23-2014 at 08:55 PM

Reflected in the quote:

"To have become a deeper man is the privilege of those who have suffered." Oscar Wilde

A Man who felt that the goal in life was a "Pain in the Butt".

vgabndo - 5-24-2014 at 08:36 AM

One of the ways that men have been wounded by our culture is from the hatred of homophobes. One of the things we teach is to be clear, concise, and direct in our communication and to be authentic. By authenticity we mean that the statement is both factual as we speak it, and "from the heart". The statement above, reeking with hatred and double meaning might be met with the question: How does it serve you to denigrate other people for things they cannot change?

woody with a view - 5-24-2014 at 08:54 AM

no regrets.... well, maybe a few but if i would have been an upstanding citizen from day one instead of a surfer i wouldn't have had "that" moment in time where the shark wouldn't bite and the bee wouldn't sting, sitting alone on a board in the middle of the ocean has been very, very good to me.

i've been a first responder, been locked up more than once, broke a few hearts, had a son, kept 1 best friend all these years, stayed healthy, worked my nalgas off, lived off the land, paid it forward and took my share...... what's to regret? i think my karma score is still in the plus column!

here's to life and all of its many phases!!!!

PRAY4TUNA!!!

[Edited on 5-24-2014 by woody with a view]

Skipjack Joe - 5-24-2014 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
One of the ways that men have been wounded by our culture is from the hatred of homophobes. One of the things we teach is to be clear, concise, and direct in our communication and to be authentic. By authenticity we mean that the statement is both factual as we speak it, and "from the heart". The statement above, reeking with hatred and double meaning might be met with the question: How does it serve you to denigrate other people for things they cannot change?

A great smile spreads across his face. You should know by now that one of BillM's greatest pleasures is to get a reaction like yours.

To each his own.

He's the Dennis Rodman of our family. Always looking for ways to shock you. It's his way of saying - Look, I am here.

Reeking Hatred ?

MrBillM - 5-24-2014 at 09:39 AM

A bit overblown on the Hyperbole there ?

Just poking fun at a Queer character.

bajalearner - 5-24-2014 at 10:27 AM

No regrets in this area. One thing I am proud of myself is my tolerance toward other people's pursuit of happiness. There are individuals I haven't liked but I have a strong sense of respect for others' and their rights and desires.

I poke fun but I hope I don't want to tread on someone's feelings. My first 14 years were growing up in San Francisco CA where I think back is a very multi cultured and I learned to like individuals and respect their differences.

But more so, I remember my father as a very tolerant man in regards to other people. This memory always comes to mind. I was about 11 and my father and I encountered an black man living out of a bottle. He lived in the neighborhood when he did go home to his wife and daughter which was rare. Many times he would arrive in the middle of the night while yelling for his wife to open the door.

My memory is of that man saying hi to my dad on the sidewalk. My dad talked a little and the I saw the man respected my dad. I only saw a drunk wasted man. A pint bottle of whiskey appeared in the man's hand and said "you wanna drink Mr. P? Well, I knew of course, my dad didn't drink and the man was not very well groomed and no one would drink from his bottle. But to my surprise, my Dad said yes I will have a drink with you and took a slug from the bottle. They soon said good bye and we walked on.

What I took away from that was that my dad knew the man's life was wasted but the man was worth acknowledging. I think of that moment many times in my life and I give my father much respect for his tolerance and respect for a waste of a man. It was about a year later, the man was killed in some violent incident on the streets.

mannings - 5-24-2014 at 10:42 AM

^great story, learner.. thanks for sharing.

mannings - 5-24-2014 at 02:51 PM

Quote:

What I took away from that was that ...

waste of a man.

.. perhaps the man wasn't a waste after all.

woody with a view - 5-25-2014 at 03:47 PM

"If I could do it again..."

She hung the phone and I said "flock you it's over"
Sorry but this is the end
I said "Don't trip it was just a harmless sleepover"
See, we're just was making friends
She said "then what were you doing there at 4 in the morning?"
You told me you were at home
I started with "darling please listen"
And then I picked up my phone, yeah

I told my story in REVERSE 'cause it hurts
Girl it hurts too much to bare
But I'm tantalized by their legs & long hair
But if I could do it again
I would do it again!
If I could do it again
I would do it again!
If I could do it again
Probably do it again!
Could I get a DO-OVER?!
Babyy, ooh oh
Hey, ooh oh

I plugged my phone in as I backed out the driveway,
Then I started my car
Slipped out the door after I crept through her hallway
She left it slightly ajar, yeah
Threw on my kicks my socks my jeans and my t-shirt
Then threw my HAT on my head
I did it quiet so that I wouldn't wake her
Woke up in another girl's bed, yooo

I tell my story in REVERSE 'cause it hurts
Girl it hurts too much to bare
But I'm tantalized by their legs & long hair
But if I could do it again
I would do it again!
If I could do it again
I would do it again!
If I could do it again
Probably do it again!
Could I get a DO-OVER?
Babyy, ooh oh
Hey, ooh oh

Source: http://www.directlyrics.com/somekindawonderful-reverse-lyric...