BajaNomad

Oregon to LA Bay

24baja - 5-26-2014 at 05:43 PM

We left Oregon at 0430 May 23 drove straight thru to our sons at Pt Hueneme Navy Base stayed 2 days with him and brought him along on our adventure to Bola.

Left Pt Hueneme May 26 at 0430 stopped at San Ysidro border crossing at 0815 to get son a Visa, pulled out of Secondary insppection att 0828. Quick and painless just like we like it! Took the toll road to La Mission and continued onto the detour....well signed and easy driving arrived in Ensenada and then stopped at El Palomar for bathroom break and a drink.

There is road work to widen the road just south of Santo Tomas no delays arrived in San Vincente at 1125. Had a Torta for Lunch in Colonet.

Arrived San Quintin at 1400 gassed up the truck and bought some lovely mangos. There is roadwork just south of the turn off to Jardines but did not experience delays.

At 1430 we arrived in El Rosario found a clean and nice room at the El Turista Motel and ventured over to enjoy the hospitality of Ed and his wife at the Bajas Best Resturant. Had the fabulous crab stuffed chilli rellanos..mmmm!

Did not take pics at this point and will be off in the morning to meet Vgabndo at the BOLA turn off to give him his meds. So far a good trip.

David K - 5-26-2014 at 05:45 PM

Sounds great...

Bob53 - 5-26-2014 at 07:07 PM

We'll see you in a couple days. Leave us a few fish to catch.

Mark_BC - 5-26-2014 at 07:07 PM

Don't know if you guys know about this weather site. Not that the weather varies much there but the temps can fluctuate. And sometimes it does rain!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/mx/bahia-de-los-angeles/231766...

vgabndo - 5-26-2014 at 10:12 PM

Hasta manana...

woody with a view - 5-27-2014 at 03:20 AM

T minus 9 days....

24baja - 6-2-2014 at 02:17 PM

Met up with Vgabndo to pass of his requested package at the LA BAY turnoff. Enjoyed our short visit and conversation about the land speeder! What a cool toy.

First day at the bay we caught squid off the north beach for bait and have fished all but 1 day. We have caught a couple yellowtail and a lot of bonita. Sunny hot weather and calm seas each day so far. 11 more days of this is gonna be painful but we will just have to suffer through! :tumble:

[Edited on 6-2-2014 by 24baja]

vgabndo - 6-2-2014 at 02:31 PM

Thanks again for bringing me my re-fills. It was good meeting you guys too. I had a really fun day sailing. The wind was cooking in the afternoon! (Sun too.)

I hope we can hook-up when I come to BoLA to see Woody and Bia in a few days.

woody with a view - 6-2-2014 at 02:32 PM

see ya this weekend. don't catch them all!

David K - 6-3-2014 at 10:45 PM

24baja... I got a call from Mando today and when he mention "Two for Baja" I didn't realize he was speaking of you guys... as I 'read' your Nomad name as "Twenty four Baja" :light::biggrin: 24baja= Two for Baja is a great handle for you guys... I had no clue what Twenty four was! :lol:

24baja - 6-4-2014 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
24baja... I got a call from Mando today and when he mention "Two for Baja" I didn't realize he was speaking of you guys... as I 'read' your Nomad name as "Twenty four Baja" :light::biggrin: 24baja= Two for Baja is a great handle for you guys... I had no clue what Twenty four was! :lol:

Hey Thanks DK, glad you talked with Mando, not a better guy around!! Did he say if they were coming down soon?

David K - 6-4-2014 at 09:48 PM

His amigo Ivan wanted to... then I reminded Mando to tell him the Baja 500 was this weekend... and a long border wait on Sunday is probably guaranteed!??