BajaNomad

satellite Tv help, baja sur( dish, sky, Vetv,)

tecatero - 5-28-2014 at 06:11 AM

Im trying to purchase a satellite tv for our home in San Juanico, baja sur. Problem is I went to Constitucion, Vetv nor SKY will come out to our desolated area nor would they sell me the system which I can install myself. Someone said Dish will give you the system and you can do it yourself....Any success for anyone ?? thx

larryC - 5-28-2014 at 06:32 AM

I would ask your neighbors that have TV and see what they did. I have heard that Shawdirect out of Canada is a good option unless you are looking for Spanish content. Also Dishnet but you want to make sure that you get the right size dish for your area.
Larry

capitolkat - 5-28-2014 at 07:01 AM

Contact Alan Thompson at Eldorado Satellite. He supplies Dish Network systems to BCS, for either installation or do it yourself with detailed instructions. There is a promotional on right now for the Dish system.

tiotomasbcs - 5-28-2014 at 02:05 PM

Ditto. Check with your neighbors. Alan Thompson is also a Nomad--BajaTech?? There is another technician that advertises in The Baja Western Onion and he services Santa Rosalia, Mulege, and Loreto. We have great reception here in Pescadero just use US address and never mention sssshh Mexico! Let us know how you make out. Tio

tecatero - 5-28-2014 at 10:39 PM

great.......ive heard of a few people getting US system and bringing it south

weebray - 5-29-2014 at 06:13 AM

We have not had US TV for over 10 yrs. We recently babysat a property with it. I am here to report that nothing is on 24 hrs. a day. We are looking forward to the next 10 yrs. sans the mahogany knothole.