BajaNomad

www.BuoyWeather.Com

CaboMagic - 6-2-2014 at 07:04 AM

Was turned on to this site by one of our captains .. sharing with 'you' ...

www.BuoyWeather.com

mulegejim - 6-2-2014 at 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboMagic
Was turned on to this site by one of our captains .. sharing with 'you' ...

www.BuoyWeather.com

Also try "iwindsurf.com" We use them both here in Mulege and they really can help.

freediverbrian - 6-2-2014 at 07:41 AM

I use bouyweather and sailflow both are very good

chuckie - 6-2-2014 at 09:47 AM

I'm not really fond of bouyweather....My experience in Mulege is at best they are 50%.....best to crosscheck or call Pescador and ask which way the buzzards are flying

Hook - 6-2-2014 at 10:13 AM

iwindsurf, sailflow and windalert.com all use the same computer model for wind predictions. I like theirs the best.

Buoy misses on their forecasts regularly, for my area of Sonora. Just yesterday, they predicted the final day of a tournament to be 12-17 kts from the WNW and it was 0-7kts from the south for most of the day. windalert nailed it. They HAD been predicting what buoy had predicted but changed their forecast overnight to the correct one. Buoy never updated theirs until much later in the day (long after fishermen leave port!) and was wrong.

Here is a link to Weatherflow's consumer products. Check them out and see which interface and predictors you prefer.

http://www.weatherflow.com/consumer-products/

I do a weekly weather column for a website in San Carlos, Sonora. And I fish and own a boat. Also have a 20x30 vege garden. So, I do pay close attention to weather conditions and predictions and consider myself a bit of a weather wonk.