BajaNomad

Run Bajaboy run!

elgatoloco - 6-8-2014 at 02:41 PM

Bajaboy and his wife are runners. We have watched them runaway from campsites in Playa San Rafael, Anza Borrego, Bahia Asuncion and various points on the Baja coast over the years that we have known them. They do always return and usually with that blissful runner look, from the endorphin's or whatever.

Saturday morning Bajaboy started running at 6:00 AM. He stopped 30 hours 44 minutes later after completing 100.2 miles! He entered the San Diego 100 and finished!!

I am blown away at his accomplishment and not surprised. The dude will always be the baddest runner I will ever know, his wife is no slouch either, she paced him for 20 something miles overnight.

I look forward to hearing the full story later but I wanted to toot his horn because I know he is too modest to do it himself.

GREAT JOB BAJABOY!

http://www.sandiego100.com/img/elevations/fullBig.jpg

rts551 - 6-8-2014 at 02:47 PM

good job.

shari - 6-8-2014 at 03:28 PM

We have been following his progress yesterday and today as his family is there by his side. I am so proud of him and amazed at this family's fortitude. As a famous builder here in Asuncion said on Zac's facebook page...I get tired driving 100 miles in my car! Way to go Bajaboy! I so look forward to hearing all about it over a pale ale.

Ateo - 6-8-2014 at 03:52 PM

Wow. What an accomplishment! Good work bajaboy.

BajaLuna - 6-8-2014 at 04:48 PM

That's awesome! You ROCK! Congrats, Bajaboy!

David K - 6-8-2014 at 04:50 PM

Good fun Zac... wish I was younger, and healthy as you!

bajalinda - 6-9-2014 at 08:40 AM

That is truly amazing!! I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to run 100 miles.......

Congratulations Bajaboy!

jimgrms - 6-9-2014 at 09:04 AM

If you see me running,try to keep up as something really mean is chasing me .

BajaRat - 6-9-2014 at 09:34 AM

That's something Zac, congrats from the Fam :D

bajalearner - 6-9-2014 at 09:37 AM

WTF? (Wow, that's fantastic). Is that even possible?

desertcpl - 6-9-2014 at 09:51 AM

that is really some thing special,,,

Bajaboy - 6-9-2014 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Bajaboy and his wife are runners. We have watched them runaway from campsites in Playa San Rafael, Anza Borrego, Bahia Asuncion and various points on the Baja coast over the years that we have known them. They do always return and usually with that blissful runner look, from the endorphin's or whatever.

Saturday morning Bajaboy started running at 6:00 AM. He stopped 30 hours 44 minutes later after completing 100.2 miles! He entered the San Diego 100 and finished!!

I am blown away at his accomplishment and not surprised. The dude will always be the baddest runner I will ever know, his wife is no slouch either, she paced him for 20 something miles overnight.

I look forward to hearing the full story later but I wanted to toot his horn because I know he is too modest to do it himself.

GREAT JOB BAJABOY!

http://www.sandiego100.com/img/elevations/fullBig.jpg

Thanks Mateo! I had a blast and look forward to my next adventure. Heading down to Baja for five weeks will give me some time to figure it out.

Again I appreciate the support.

Kgryfon - 6-9-2014 at 04:59 PM

Wonderful! Congrats! Thsi is quite an accomplishment!

churro - 6-9-2014 at 06:39 PM

Congrats Baja Boy!!!... Thats is AMAZING!

BornFisher - 6-9-2014 at 08:25 PM

Very very special indeed! You`ve gone way beyond the 1% crowd to probably about 1 in 100,000 or more! Congrats to you and the support crew!!

Bajaboy - 6-9-2014 at 09:20 PM

Thanks again for the words of encouragement. It was very special experience that involved many family members and friends. Here are a few pics as I approach the finish line

my son Gabriel running me in

crossing the line

Race director and Ultra legend Scotty Mills giving me props

On a similar note, there is a relatively newer trail running group out of Tijuana that is getting a lot of attention. This year they put on their first 50k and it was a huge success. I ran with one of the members for many miles. He and I shared many of our dream runs in Baja...one day I'd love to put together a string of longer runs in Baja with support crew...one day...

[Edited on 6-10-2014 by Bajaboy]

bajadogs - 6-10-2014 at 12:18 AM

Bravo Zac! Truly awesome! Are you prepping for the Badwater run or what? I LOVE the idea of long Baja runs. Great job Z-Dog!

bacquito - 6-10-2014 at 06:35 PM

Great job!

Congratulations

John M - 6-10-2014 at 09:33 PM

Zac - a wonderful achievement - You'll be an inspiration to many to stay active, challenge yourself regularly, and persevere.

Others won't understand no matter how you break it down into simpler terms.

I've crewed and paced 4 Badwaters, passing this year, so don't neglect thinking about it. This year's new course might even be an "easier?" 135 miles.

Way to go, I'm envious and admire your tenacity.

John M

Bajaboy - 6-10-2014 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
Zac - a wonderful achievement - You'll be an inspiration to many to stay active, challenge yourself regularly, and persevere.

Others won't understand no matter how you break it down into simpler terms.

I've crewed and paced 4 Badwaters, passing this year, so don't neglect thinking about it. This year's new course might even be an "easier?" 135 miles.

Way to go, I'm envious and admire your tenacity.

John M

John,
impressive...very impressive. I have no desire to take on Badwater. While I don't mind the heat, I hate the pavement. It takes a special mindset, as you can probably attest to, for Badwater. But my hats off to all that toe the line.

In the back of my head, though, I've pondered maybe doing a multi-day or week run down through Baja. I'd love to hook up with fellow runners that might be interested in something similar. Maybe doing 25-40 miles per day...it's still percolating in my mind....we'll see if it ever comes to fruition.

U2U

John M - 6-11-2014 at 06:18 AM

Zac, check your U2U

John