BajaNomad

Brew Pub in La Paz

twogringos - 6-16-2014 at 11:45 AM

La Bodega Artesanal Restaurante & Cervceraia has 7 craft beers on tap. We had a Porter and a Red Ale that were quite good, and fairly priced at 30p a glass. The beers range from porters and stouts to pale ales and pilsners. The restaurant menu has salads, pizzas, hamburgers and fuerte platos We had hamburgers, the lamb was excellent and the portabello mushroom burger was beef patty topped with portabellos. The best part was the restaurant made dark bread bun described as 'honey and malt'.

They are open from 8am to noon for breakfast, if you must have food with your morning beer, and from 2 until 10 pm.

The pub is located at Agustin Arreola #37 in Centro. That's just 2 short blocks up from the Malecon on the street that runs along the west side of La Perla Hotel

micah202 - 6-16-2014 at 11:59 AM

....mmmm,,sounds lovely....can't wait for a nice stout on a 'Norte' day next winter!

pauldavidmena - 6-16-2014 at 12:51 PM

We'll definitely need to visit during our next trip to Todos Santos. Thanks for the tip!

Hook - 6-16-2014 at 01:48 PM

Are they making their beers on site? Or is someone making them for them?

Bajahowodd - 6-16-2014 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Are they making their beers on site? Or is someone making them for them?

Good question.

On site

Robinhood - 6-16-2014 at 05:18 PM

They make it just behind the bar and keep it in chill tanks visible through a glass window. You can order a flight (sampler) and pick the one that suits you best. My pick is Catavina Brown Ale which reminds me a great deal of Newcastle Nut Brown.

It's nice to have a little strange now and then when you get tired of the old faithful Pacifico.:lol:

apple - 6-16-2014 at 07:23 PM

This is a very nice place and the owners are very nice people. One of them even speaks fluent english, which is somewhat rare in La Paz

Hook - 6-16-2014 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinhood
They make it just behind the bar and keep it in chill tanks visible through a glass window. You can order a flight (sampler) and pick the one that suits you best. My pick is Catavina Brown Ale which reminds me a great deal of Newcastle Nut Brown.

It's nice to have a little strange now and then when you get tired of the old faithful Pacifico.:lol:

I have a friend over here who is brewing some killer pale ales, IPA, oatmeal stouts, even some blonde lagers and ales. It's HARD to drink even Chope, NM and the Bohemias, once you've had these, at least with meals and parties. A bit too strong for drinking during the hot days or out on the boat. I'm looking for a nap by 1pm. :rolleyes:

twogringos - 6-17-2014 at 06:32 AM

Did I mention that they have air conditioning? Cool place!

Bajahowodd - 6-17-2014 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robinhood

The problem with the so-called major Mexican beer brands is that unlike 25 years ago, virtually all of the legacy Mexican beers are now controlled by the three global brewing giants. They brew whatever, wherever.

Thus, craft brewers MUST fill the vacuum.

Geo_Skip - 6-21-2014 at 12:08 PM

Two...are you sure the nap is because of the craft ale or is it perhaps a bit of the clock?

We all get to the point that a nap in the afternoon is what our overexcited bodies need. It's just a combination of age and excitement!

blackwolfmt - 6-21-2014 at 02:15 PM

Hola, twogringos, where do you guys get your hops from??

CJ - 7-18-2014 at 09:42 AM

Went there last Tuesday around five they were closed. Ended up at Harker Boards on the malecon. They had happy hour 2 x 1 Baja Breweries IPA great micro....good price..:bounce:

BajaBlanca - 7-20-2014 at 11:31 AM

We shall be stopping by in Sept to test it out!