BajaNomad

WHAT?? You're joking, the Ensenada toll road not ready by Vendimia???

EnsenadaDr - 6-20-2014 at 08:33 AM

http://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=35131

Gringo translation vis Spanish Direct

durrelllrobert - 6-20-2014 at 09:43 AM

The more RecientesLos the MulaSondeoReportajesNota hairs RojaRatifica CAPUFE
700 thousand cubic meters of rocks will be used in the repair of the scenic highway Tijuana-Ensenadamaterial that you will draw two stony banks located 1.5 kilometres from the collapse, said the director of infrastructure of Capufe, Mauricio Sánchez Woodworth. During a tour with Capufe, Benito Neme Sastre, CEO on this Thursday evening, both officials unveiled the work recorded an advance of 37 percent and the total cost will be $ 650 million pesos. Instead, Benito Neme relied on that it will be a safe road, but not guaranteed that future other landslides will occur by natural causes. "They are five stages as they have divided the work, I would like to say that we are in time and we are doing a great work which without doubt one will allow that it is follow along this road with an extraordinary view in a safe manner", said. While the city of Ensenada asked the federal Government reopened roads in August, when we celebrate the Festival of harvest time, Neme tailor warned that they not pressured the construction company Makro, because she would be at risk to users, the opening is scheduled for September 15. "We can not be subjected to pressures, most importantly for Capufe security is for those goods vehicles travelling on our roads, us if we were in possibilities of open days would open it provided security measures are, I think that everyone has understood it", he said. On the possibility of transferring Highway to the State Government as the Governor Francisco Vega de Lamadrid said, official preferred not to speak about this request because "today, the road is Capufe". In general, Sánchez Woodworth explained that the work consists of five stages, from the construction of berms, restitution of the embankment, improvement of the land, rockfill and operation of the filter Gallery. Most of the building rises with native large stone of the same view. Although the road opens in September, the total construction will remain after in April 2015, with the construction of the filter Gallery, which will attract the water that enters, by the sea, both the surface to prevent it from accumulating and causing another collapse. Among other ads mentioned that they will invest more than 300 million dollars in maintenance in the Tijuana-Ensenada scenic bearing surface, as well as the Tecate - Rumorosa. .

EnsenadaDr - 6-20-2014 at 09:55 AM

Thanks Bob, regards to Debbie!!
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
The more RecientesLos the MulaSondeoReportajesNota hairs RojaRatifica CAPUFE
700 thousand cubic meters of rocks will be used in the repair of the scenic highway Tijuana-Ensenadamaterial that you will draw two stony banks located 1.5 kilometres from the collapse, said the director of infrastructure of Capufe, Mauricio Sánchez Woodworth. During a tour with Capufe, Benito Neme Sastre, CEO on this Thursday evening, both officials unveiled the work recorded an advance of 37 percent and the total cost will be $ 650 million pesos. Instead, Benito Neme relied on that it will be a safe road, but not guaranteed that future other landslides will occur by natural causes. "They are five stages as they have divided the work, I would like to say that we are in time and we are doing a great work which without doubt one will allow that it is follow along this road with an extraordinary view in a safe manner", said. While the city of Ensenada asked the federal Government reopened roads in August, when we celebrate the Festival of harvest time, Neme tailor warned that they not pressured the construction company Makro, because she would be at risk to users, the opening is scheduled for September 15. "We can not be subjected to pressures, most importantly for Capufe security is for those goods vehicles travelling on our roads, us if we were in possibilities of open days would open it provided security measures are, I think that everyone has understood it", he said. On the possibility of transferring Highway to the State Government as the Governor Francisco Vega de Lamadrid said, official preferred not to speak about this request because "today, the road is Capufe". In general, Sánchez Woodworth explained that the work consists of five stages, from the construction of berms, restitution of the embankment, improvement of the land, rockfill and operation of the filter Gallery. Most of the building rises with native large stone of the same view. Although the road opens in September, the total construction will remain after in April 2015, with the construction of the filter Gallery, which will attract the water that enters, by the sea, both the surface to prevent it from accumulating and causing another collapse. Among other ads mentioned that they will invest more than 300 million dollars in maintenance in the Tijuana-Ensenada scenic bearing surface, as well as the Tecate - Rumorosa. .

Udo - 6-20-2014 at 10:31 AM

I originally felt that the September 15 (or, originally the end of August) was a VERY optimistic deadline.
My personal estimate was mid 2015, based on other road work done throughout Baja.

BTW...thanks for the update, Bob!

lizard lips - 6-20-2014 at 10:36 AM

Do ya think the toll will go up? For sure!

bajagrouper - 6-20-2014 at 01:05 PM

CAPUFE'S own website states the opening of the damaged part of the toll road would be September 8,2015..........

What???

bajaguy - 6-20-2014 at 03:17 PM

Always build in an escape clause, just in case:

....."Benito Neme relied on that it will be a safe road, but not guaranteed that future other landslides will occur by natural causes".

TMW - 6-20-2014 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips

I've been down there in Jan., March, April and June and all 4 times the toll had gone up at least 5 cent each time. The last time it was $2.55 US. In Jan I think it was either $2.30 or $2.35 US.

DENNIS - 6-20-2014 at 04:38 PM

Quote:

It goes up occasionally anyway. It's a federal thing.....a cash cow...just like Pemex.

lizard lips - 6-20-2014 at 04:40 PM

Came really close to being in an accident last week on the old road. I have never seen such boneheads driving on any stretch of road before. You would think it's a race.

DENNIS - 6-20-2014 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Came really close to being in an accident last week on the old road. I have never seen such boneheads driving on any stretch of road before. You would think it's a race.

That's why I came south through Tecate today. I started a thread about the trip.

bajalearner - 6-21-2014 at 08:53 AM

What is the drive on the toll road like currently? what is the detour and that delay like? I am going south in a few days.

SFandH - 6-21-2014 at 09:16 AM

The detour using the old road into Ensenada starts at La Mision. I've taken it three times. No problems, traffic moved smoothly and the pavement is in good shape. Nothing to be concerned about.

Bobvaso - 6-21-2014 at 10:30 AM

Sounds like the only way to do it is through Tecate. I had two harrowing trips southbound and northbound through the detour. Northbound was daytime which made it a little better. Being older the glare from oncoming lights bothered me at night. Best Regards to Nomad Friends. Keep on Truckin'