BajaNomad

TECATE ROAD TO ENSENADA

DENNIS - 6-20-2014 at 04:46 PM

Just came south on it today. Great condition, but heavy traffic...especially big trucks trying to avoid the detour on the toll road, I suppose.
I know...it's Friday and that will explain a lot of the traffic......mostly Mex plates.

Someone very important was at one of the wine joints. Lottsa cars...lottsa police. I missed my invitation. :no:

Oh yeah...forgot to mention....nobody even looked at me coming through the gate. They were, however, giving a lot of attention to trucks full of household etc.

Another thing....it was hot. 94° in Tecate, and 97° in the valley.

OK...that's all of it.

[Edited on 6-20-2014 by DENNIS]

wessongroup - 6-20-2014 at 05:09 PM

Have a beer ... :):)

mulegemichael - 6-20-2014 at 06:00 PM

gracias...when i came through southbound a few weeks ago EVERY car was pulled over, including mine....with a huge overload of booze...my bad...actually, my good, in the long run..but a hassle, as it seems..i still made it south with my precious cargo!!

DENNIS - 6-20-2014 at 06:46 PM

Bad day for you, Mike. What I meant when I said, "nobody even looked at me coming through the gate," I mean nobody was there at the gate. I guess they were all busy gathering import duty.
I thought things were changing, but it's too much to wish for, I guess. A buddy of mine who does a lot of transporting of "household" through Chaparral , tells me they're at it again just like the good ol' days..

Udo - 6-20-2014 at 08:28 PM

I have driven through the Tecate border twice a week, southbound, and got the red light 4 times!

So I learned the trick...

Park within eye view of the gates and watch when they have two or three vehicles in re detention zone for inspection. Then I'll drive through, and have gotten the green light every time.

What am I doing driving two times a week to Ensenada?
I have a storage locker in Maneadero and I am taking my house-hold goods one Prius load at a time there. The FJ Cruiser (larger storage compartment got the red light every single time!)

dtbushpilot - 6-20-2014 at 09:06 PM

You're a rebel Udo....

Bob and Susan - 6-21-2014 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
I have driven through the Tecate border twice a week, southbound, and got the red light 4 times!

So I learned the trick...

Park within eye view of the gates and watch when they have two or three vehicles in re detention zone for inspection. Then I'll drive through, and have gotten the green light every time.

What am I doing driving two times a week to Ensenada?
I have a storage locker in Maneadero and I am taking my house-hold goods one Prius load at a time there. The FJ Cruiser (larger storage compartment got the red light every single time!)

here is the trick...instead of smuggling
smuggling is why the rest of us have to go thru the wait at the border

go to secondary...let them value the load
pay the small tax
get a receipt
drive down ONE time

you're wasting storage fees...gas...and TIME!!!