BajaNomad

Visitor Permit (FMM)

jkchaffee - 7-4-2014 at 09:15 PM

I was really confiused on what was required to travel from the US border down to La Paz. I ddin't understand the difference between a Visa and the visitor's permit called FMM. After showing up at the Tecate border crossing, it was really easy. I am staying 7 days in Baja so the Permit is Free, yes I said Free...
I filled out the paperwork and was on my way in 10 minutes (6 of us traveling so I was amazed at how fast it went).
For over 7 days, you have to pay but if you tell them 7 days and stay longer, just pay when you leave. No penalties are charged just the normal permit fee. This trip is planned for 7 days so as long as we cross before midnight on the 7th day, it cost nothing to go south on the Baja.

dasubergeek - 7-4-2014 at 09:57 PM

Wait until you cross back north and you discover there's no permit check upon leaving Tijuana.

dorado50 - 7-4-2014 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasubergeek
Wait until you cross back north and you discover there's no permit check upon leaving Tijuana.

:yes::lol::biggrin:

David K - 7-5-2014 at 09:37 AM

Yes it is really easy if there are places to park and if they can accept payment (for over 7 days) right there.

At the Ensenada airport, a poster was announcing an on-line FMM service... Perhaps only for flying into Mexico, however?