BajaNomad

magic jack GO

willardguy - 7-10-2014 at 09:19 AM

you smartphone users check this out yet?

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140708-906366.html

shari - 7-10-2014 at 07:11 PM

I answered my first magicjack phone call today on my iPhone!!! woooo hooo

willardguy - 7-10-2014 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I answered my first magicjack phone call today on my iPhone!!! woooo hooo
telemarketer? :lol:

Bajaboy - 7-10-2014 at 08:16 PM

Google voice is my choice. When in the US my phone knows when I'm dialing international and automatically uses GV.

huesos - 7-12-2014 at 12:12 PM

Suddenly these guy's appear to look legitimate. Previously, via their web site, they looked like scumbags. Now the Wall Street Journal is doing a writeup. WSJ has never promoted crooks right?
Is there any way that I can buy this and prepay for service for one year at the time of purchase?

shari - 7-12-2014 at 12:15 PM

when I first saw magic jack I only bought a year of service as I thought it was just too good to be true and it sort of looked like a novel trick that wouldnt last. I wish I had bought the 5 year plan then as not only has it lasted but now I can answer it on my cell phone and the service has improved over the years too...guess I misjudged it.

bajaguy - 7-12-2014 at 01:43 PM

On the web site for MagicJack, you can get the Plus model and 6 months of service for $50. When you register the device on their web site, you can purchase more time 1-5 year plans), opt for an assigned phone number or have your home phone number transported to the device.

It's a great product, have been using it for several years at home in the US/Baja and on the road, no problems.

http://magicjack.com/magicJackPLUS.html

Quote:
Originally posted by huesos
Suddenly these guy's appear to look legitimate. Previously, via their web site, they looked like scumbags. Now the Wall Street Journal is doing a writeup. WSJ has never promoted crooks right?
Is there any way that I can buy this and prepay for service for one year at the time of purchase?

[Edited on 7-12-2014 by bajaguy]