BajaNomad

Tail Hunters La Paz for fishing?

Cliffy - 8-1-2014 at 07:36 AM

OK I'll admit I'm not too up on a lot of things but how come I've never seen anything here on Tail Hunters fishing in La Paz.
They do a lot of conventions in the states.
Not trying to step on toes, just curious.

Pescador - 8-1-2014 at 07:49 AM

Jonathan Roldan is well respected as a guide, business man (Tailhunter Restaurant) and citizen of the fishing community. He works the conventions really hard and brings a lot of people to La Paz every year. This crowd, for the most part, are probably not where he finds his major amount of customers. He used to post a few reports, but he probably went where he found the most clients. If you do a search, I have written positive things about his operation before.

bajagrouper - 8-1-2014 at 08:39 AM

First time I saw a Tecate cylinder was at his restaurant Tailhunter on the malecon..

acadist - 8-8-2014 at 09:30 AM

I have fished with Jonathan and Jill for the last 7 or years. First class people and operation. They have posted here occasionally in the past. Are they the cheapest? No. Will I use them again and again? Yes! I have taken my kids, my brother, and asstd cousins, have always been treated well and have had some great fishing.

acadist - 8-8-2014 at 09:39 AM

Here's a few shots of different trips

DawnPatrol - 8-8-2014 at 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
I have fished with Jonathan and Jill for the last 7 or years. First class people and operation. They have posted here occasionally in the past. Are they the cheapest? No. Will I use them again and again? Yes! I have taken my kids, my brother, and asstd cousins, have always been treated well and have had some great fishing.

My impressions also. Great Guy and his wife Jill is super.
The thing I like about his operation if he says been in the hotel lobby at 6, you better be there because they are READY to take you fishing.
Very prompt and none of this laid back atmosphere and waiting around to get to the panga

Bajahowodd - 8-8-2014 at 05:06 PM

Maybe not the cheapest choice for fishing in La Paz, but Hawaii native Jonathon and his wife run a great restaurant that has great views of the malecon and the bay and they also have Negro Modelo on draught. What's not to like. Catch your fish with him and have their chefs cook it up, while you are sucking down a pitcher of Negro Modelo.

Genecag - 8-8-2014 at 09:43 PM

I have not fished with them but visit their restaurant regularly on our visits to La Paz. Great couple, always friendly and welcoming. I take advantage of their fresh sashimi and their fish tacos are very good.

torch - 8-9-2014 at 07:06 AM

I have fished with tailhunter many times and have had them arrange everything for the trip except airfare. There was a problem with a transportation van once and Jonathan was on top of it pronto. we have stayed at various hotels and were treated awesome. we loved Los arcos for the access to walk everywhere and the history of the place. I'm not sure if it is opened again or if it ever will be.