BajaNomad

Fuel prices in Baja, effective August 2nd, 2014...

BajaCactus - 8-2-2014 at 11:53 AM

Fuel prices for August 2nd, 2014...

Magna.............$ 12.95 pesos per liter
Premium..........$ 13.67 pesos per liter
Diesel..............$ 13.50 pesos per liter

These prices are in liters... since 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters and today (August 2nd, 2014) 1 dollar = $12.50 pesos (+/-), we can calculate the approximate price per gallon:

Magna.............$ 3.921 dollars per gallon
Premium..........$ 4.139 dollars per gallon
Diesel..............$ 4.088 dollars per gallon

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."

Tioloco - 8-2-2014 at 12:11 PM

Gracias for the info.... Pemex is getting ridiculous!

55steve - 8-2-2014 at 01:27 PM

Wow....$3.73 here in east county San Diego

bajagrouper - 8-2-2014 at 01:29 PM

Nice to see somewhere gas is more expensive than Alta California,LOL

chuckie - 8-2-2014 at 01:50 PM

YIKES! 3.69 for Diesel today in Canon City Colorado....Mexican diesel is way better quality, I bet....

greengoes - 8-2-2014 at 02:23 PM

I read somewhere PEMEX has a 1.3 billion pension liability, we can help.

blackwolfmt - 8-2-2014 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
YIKES! 3.69 for Diesel today in Canon City Colorado....Mexican diesel is way better quality, I bet....

Don't feel bad Chuckie 3.95 up here NW Mt:o

bajabuddha - 8-2-2014 at 03:57 PM

Prices are the same here in T or C or a little less right now. Cheaper on I-10 and in Abq, same with the big cities in Colorado. New Mexico is pricier than Arizona for once too, that's a switch.
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_map_gas_prices.aspx

Traveling in NB

capitolkat - 8-2-2014 at 07:33 PM

In Lincoln , NB today and regular is $3.19- never thought it would flip this way in MX.

baronvonbob - 8-3-2014 at 05:16 AM

is that ultra low sulfur diesel?

bajario - 8-3-2014 at 07:33 AM

I Received a conversion rate from the attendant of 12 to 1 here two weeks ago. 11 to 1 at the GN station.

durrelllrobert - 8-3-2014 at 07:44 AM

Heading back down from Canada next week. Currently unleaded price in Edmonton, Alberta is $1.29/ liter = #4.90/ gal.Will fill up in Montana and then again in Mesquite, NV and was going to wait until after crossing border for final fill up but now it's just as cheap in San Diego so there's no point.

Baja Cactus, El Rosario, Baja California (Norte)

David K - 8-3-2014 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob

Yes, the fuel for the state Baja (Norte) California is all Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. The rest of Baja (Sur) may be only Low Sulfur and not Ultra Low...

David K - 8-3-2014 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario
I Received a conversion rate from the attendant of 12 to 1 here two weeks ago. 11 to 1 at the GN station.

Typically the exchange rate is posted above the 'caja' (cashier) for all to see. Otherwise ask the attendant what it is before pumping, if you need to know in advance.

While dollars are accepted everywhere in Baja, getting pesos at the start of your trip (at least for gasoline purchase and meals) at the established bank rate may make your trip less stressful?

BajaNomad - 8-3-2014 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by baronvonbob

Yes, the fuel for the state Baja (Norte) California is all Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel. The rest of Baja (Sur) may be only Low Sulfur and not Ultra Low...

Antonio posted the following 7 years ago (on July 30th, 2007):

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus

In Mexico, low sulfur diesel (or ultra low sulfur diesel), which has content of 15ppm (or less) of sulfur, has been slowly introduced nationwide since last year (October 2006).

In Baja California Norte, all gas stations began receiving it (and therefore selling it) since January 2007. In Baja California Sur it has not been introduced yet... they are schedule to have it in the later part of this year.

The post is here:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=25390&pag...
(link should work unless you've changed the # of posts per page from the default user setting of 20)

David K - 8-3-2014 at 08:23 AM

In 7 years, they still have not got the rest of the nation on Ultra Low, have they?

durrelllrobert - 8-3-2014 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario

..but if you get pesos from the ATM and use those at PEMEX you get closer to the official exchange rate which is 13.2 today. In fact at my last HSBC ATM transition I got 6000 pesos for $465.15 (including fee) = 12.9P/$US

[Edited on 8-3-2014 by durrelllrobert]

dasubergeek - 8-4-2014 at 09:28 AM

Stupid question... I went from one gasser to two diesel vehicles. How common is it to get diesel at Pemex south of, say, Ensenada?

Mula - 8-4-2014 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasubergeek
Stupid question... I went from one gasser to two diesel vehicles. How common is it to get diesel at Pemex south of, say, Ensenada?

Easy.

BajaNomad - 8-4-2014 at 09:36 AM

Quote:

Perhaps of interest?:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=59920

dtbushpilot - 8-4-2014 at 09:37 AM

Quote:

Most stations have diesel but don't let yourself get too low counting on it, they seem to run out of diesel more often than gasoline.

Diesel at BajaCactus in El Rosario...

BajaCactus - 8-4-2014 at 01:49 PM

At BajaCactus, in El Rosario, we have had a continuous supply of diesel for the past 14 years. Also, about two years ago, we installed a "Viking 1 Diesel Filter" at our main diesel tank, capable of water detection and particulate removal. An extra layer of protection for our customers that almost no gas station has, mainly because is an investment of over $3,000 USD to get that installed here in Mexico. Nevertheless, I believe in providing our customers with the best service possible.

Antonio Muņoz
BajaCactus

David K - 8-4-2014 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
At BajaCactus, in El Rosario, we have had a continuous supply of diesel for the past 14 years. Also, about two years ago, we installed a "Viking 1 Diesel Filter" at our main diesel tank, capable of water detection and particulate removal. An extra layer of protection for our customers that almost no gas station has, mainly because is an investment of over $3,000 USD to get that installed here in Mexico. Nevertheless, I believe in providing our customers with the best service possible.

Antonio Muņoz
BajaCactus

WOW! Amazing that you do so much for your customers, while many other businesses do as little as possible.

Thank you for your great service Antonio!

Baja Cactus Pemex, El Rosario

Baja Cactus Motel

Cameron Steele and Antonio ('BajaCactus') June, 2014

bajabuddha - 8-6-2014 at 05:58 PM

In passing, mi amigo Compaņero in San Lucas posted this on his facebook page today. I'm too stoopud to know how to re-post his graph, but i'll just spell it out:

"Litros de gasolina x 100 peso

2008 - 17

2014 - 7.8

My heart breaks for them, because their wages haven't had a COLA equal to accommodate their costs; they get no discounts. We complain, they HURT. Most of their lives revolve around getting to, from, and during their work using gasolina.

When their prices went up this spring a little bit in their restaurant, some of the local Americanos pizzed and moaned and tried to 'boycott' because they were charging ''JUST TOO MUCH!!". The restaurateurs were commuting 30 miles each way every day just to open the doors, as well as pay help, and the rise in cost of limes, shrimp, etc. I'm glad the majority of residents blew off the haters and they're still going strong.

Espiritu Baja. :coolup:

David K - 8-17-2014 at 05:38 PM

Bump