BajaNomad

Introduction to myself.

CarlosAK - 8-7-2014 at 10:16 AM

Let me introduce myself. My name is Carl. I have been a member for quite a while standing on the outside looking in. Didn't really feel I had much to contribute, but notice that's really not all that unusual at times. I spend my summers in Wrangell, Alaska living, fishing and traveling aboard my trawler the 'Priscilla D'. Winters are spent in my casa/palapa on 'Playa El Burro' about 17 miles south of Mulege. I have met a couple of nomads in the Mulege area. While in the Baja my internet is limited to my trips to town so therefore don't follow bajanomads as closely. And that's me. Felt its only proper to introduce myself before piping in on a thread or two. Thanks

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 10:19 AM

Welcome, and say howdy to Celia and Amelia for me when you get back down.
bb :coolup:

woody with a view - 8-7-2014 at 10:21 AM

let 'er rip!

Cypress - 8-7-2014 at 10:32 AM

Summers in AK, winters at Playa El Burro. You've got it figured out. Looking foreward to your posts.:D

motoged - 8-7-2014 at 10:37 AM

Got any halibut cheeks when you come down? :saint: :cool:

shari - 8-7-2014 at 11:10 AM

mucho gusto Carl...thanks for introducing yourself!

BajaBlanca - 8-7-2014 at 11:19 AM

Nice to meet you, Carl!

Have fun posting!

DENNIS - 8-7-2014 at 11:24 AM

Welcome to BajaNomad, Carl. Nice to have you on here. Usually it's just us ugly, old, discourteous MFers throwing recycled burritos at each other, so you are a breath of fresh air. :spingrin:

BajaBill74 - 8-7-2014 at 03:36 PM

Yes, welcome to BajaNomad. I just started posting and will be in Mulege Aug. 14-21. Daily, I go to a beach that I believe is just South of you and spend the day - every day. Wish I knew the name of it. It has about 15 structures and they often come by and ask for 50 pesos. I can hardly wait.

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 03:47 PM

Bill, I believe your beach as you describe it is 'Los Cocos', which is just before you get to El Burro. The beach right after Burros is Coyote, and I don't know if they have that many structures on it. Cocos is right next to the highway, mangrove swamp behind it, all the li'l palapas in a row. Sound familiar?

BajaBill74 - 8-7-2014 at 04:02 PM

bajabuddha, you are a genius. When I don't even know what I'm talking about you do. Amazing. Do you live in the area? Maybe we could all get together for a dinner or drink. My treat. How about it CarlosAK?

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 04:10 PM

I wintered about 8 miles south of where you hang for over 15 years. I now stay about 30 miles north of Mulege, and I don't know when i'm headed south this year... got a cheet-pot of health issues may delay me till Feb looks like. Alaska???? i'd freakin' love it.

You have fun down on Los Cocos. Great area; watch your stuff though; easily scoped from the road, and a lot of local coyotes just waiting for somebody to leave out a little morsel of sumpin' to take.....
;D

woody with a view - 8-7-2014 at 05:24 PM

just realized the subject line!

I'm still waiting to be introduced to myself......:light:

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 05:27 PM

... our minds don't wander on BN, Woody.... IT'S PLATE TECTONICS (and prolly a few lib-tards...):lol:

David K - 8-7-2014 at 05:36 PM

Welcome CarlosAK!:cool:

cocoscabana - 8-7-2014 at 05:39 PM

Hi Carl...welcome to Nomads. From one of your friends on Los Cocos!!!!!

shari - 8-7-2014 at 05:45 PM

Hey Bill....Sr.Budda is sending me in for his replacement for dinner & drinks.jejeje...I know it's a sacrifice but I can suck it up!:biggrin: and likewise if you want to get out of the heat and wander over to the pacside...come on over for some chow and embibements....I think that's a new word.

BajaBill74 - 8-7-2014 at 07:07 PM

Shari, you'd be welcome. As for BA I stopped by in April of 2013 and spent a night in La Bufadora. (White hair and silver Prius)

I like the heat and BA doesn't have that much. Hopefully CarlosAK who this is about, will like the heat in Mulege.

bajabuddha - 8-7-2014 at 09:40 PM

Embidiments...... kinda grows on ya...... kinda like horse's-ovaries :D

DanO - 8-8-2014 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Welcome to BajaNomad, Carl. Nice to have you on here. Usually it's just us ugly, old, discourteous MFers throwing recycled burritos at each other, so you are a breath of fresh air. :spingrin:

Ahem. I am neither ugly nor old. But thanks for the complement.

Carl, welcome to the jungle, although if you've been lurking, you already know the lay of land.
;D

rhintransit - 8-8-2014 at 02:38 PM

We know who you are and we know Tess! Welcome. Hasta Roberta (and Joyce)
:yes:

[Edited on 8-8-2014 by rhintransit]

Bob H - 8-8-2014 at 02:59 PM

Liked your introduction Carl. I immediately had to look up Wrangell. It looks beautiful!

http://www.city-data.com/city/Wrangell-Alaska.html

shari - 8-8-2014 at 03:09 PM

BajaBill...April in Asuncion is like going to Alaska...it's our dead of winter ya know

CarlosAK - 8-9-2014 at 12:12 AM

Thanks for making me feel welcome to this group of fine people. Looking forward to a few face to face encounters. Will begin the annual trek down sometime in October. Again Muchas Gracias.

wessongroup - 8-9-2014 at 12:38 AM

Enjoy ... and be safe ..:):)

BajaRat - 8-10-2014 at 07:56 PM

Carlos,
Mucho Gusto. That Mitsubishi 4x4 is cool. Diesel or Petrol and what kind of fuel economy do you get ?
Thanks, Lionel

[Edited on 8-11-2014 by BajaRat]