BajaNomad

Bahia Asuncion Fishing Report...wide open YT bite!

shari - 8-7-2014 at 06:13 PM

its been a good fishing week here in Asuncion with wide open yellowtail bite of fish in the 20-15 lb range for quick and easy limits. Lots of BIG calicos too, bonita and skipjack for a mixed bag. The guys didnt want to take any fish home so many folks in town were very happy to take the fish off their hands!

Our anglers this week who fished here for the first time were real happy with their experience. They were booked on the tony reyes trip that got cancelled so were scrounging for another place to fish. Paul Montgomery & Tom Kingsley from California had pretty sore arms when they left here!

The surprise of the week was when Tom reeled in a nice sierra which I made ceviche out of that was delectable! I put some sweet mango bits in it that really made the sierra pop!

Bajagypsy - 8-7-2014 at 06:35 PM

The gypsy express leaves at 4:00 am tomorrow! Should be in Ensenada around 1:30 Saturday, and in Asuncion early afternoon Sunday! Can't wait to get our fish on!

woody with a view - 8-7-2014 at 07:05 PM

Get it!!!

Pacifico - 8-7-2014 at 08:02 PM

Awesome Shari....have you ever seen Sierra in Asuncion before?

shari - 8-7-2014 at 08:35 PM

this was the 2nd sierra I have seen in all my years here

acadist - 8-8-2014 at 06:29 AM

Have gotten into a wide open Sierra bite with the boys in La Paz, great fun until I got a rapalla in the back of my hand. The ceviche looks great!

msteve1014 - 8-9-2014 at 09:49 AM

We have lots of sierra in La Bocana right now. I got one today that would not fit in the ice chest, maybe 10 pounds. The yellowtail are about that size, mostly.

shari - 8-9-2014 at 04:32 PM

I heard a tuna rumour this morning...10 miles out...hmmmm...fact or fiction?

Bajaboy - 8-9-2014 at 04:53 PM

I heard a rumor that the really big fish will be in town last weekend of September....:light:

acadist - 8-10-2014 at 10:04 AM

With all the tuna being caught in SoCal you should be seeing some. That means Woody can't be too far behind.

woody with a view - 8-10-2014 at 10:53 AM

here i is.......!:light:

looks like Oct for us. project won't wrap up before then.