BajaNomad

Danzante resort eco-hotel

BajaBlanca - 8-7-2014 at 07:42 PM

Has anyone been there? Les is watching the THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL and they are showing this 9 room exclusive resort outside of Loreto.

Never heard of it, have you?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g150772-i...

http://www.hotels.com/ho262760/danzante-destination-resort-l...

Location & Information

The Danzante Destination Resort is located in Loreto, Baja California Sur, Mexico
4.7 kilometers from Ensenada Blanca
29 kilometers from Loreto Intl. Airport (LTO)
9.2 kilometers from Puerto Escondido
23 kilometers from Nopolo
31 kilometers from Our Lady of Loreto Mission
31 kilometers from Civic Square

Baja Mexicos Danzante Destinatin Resort is a solar powered Eco-Resort upscale beachfront small peaceful. All inclusive only 9 suites ideal secluded sandy beach with a back drop of purple mountains. Includes all meals snacks a happy hour drink horesback riding kayak hike snorkel swimming beach small pool bird watch star gazing telescope. Extra cost scuba must be certified fish boats whale dolphin and mission tours massage alcohol golf airport taxi. All 9 large junior suites sit on a hilltop. From your setting area open French doors and relax in your own hammock on your private terrace with spectacular views. Stroll down the hill to the small pool beside the dining room with soaring ceiling sitting area furnished with Mexican antiques library and self-service Wet Bar. Creative meals of fresh produce salads seafood and meat dietary restrictions and vegetarian requests welcome w/advance notice. No TV phone A/C. Can rent car or taxi.

LaTijereta - 8-7-2014 at 08:05 PM

Bought and Closed when Villa's Group built their new resort there...

Loretana - 8-7-2014 at 09:34 PM

Blanca
The old Danzante buildings are still there, but they are dwarfed by the Villas del Palmar at Ensenada Blanca. The Danzante was "off the grid" and super cool in it's time. (which didn't last that long!) The actual buildings are intact, built into a beautiful mountainside and are now satellite buildings for the Villas Resort.
The place isn't too big...(yet!) They are currently constructing a golf course, and 100 custom home sites above the resort....

The lucky owners of Danzante sold to the Villa group, cashed out and good for them. The new resort is quite tasteful...I was there last week with family and the food was great, the pool clean and refreshing..it was 104 degrees that day! We paid $69.00 to use the resort for the day, including all drinks and food, pool, Jacuzzi, gym and beachfront. Not bad. The only hassle was the road construction that holds traffic up for 50 minutes every hour.

We had the chocolate clams two ways, shrimp c-cktails, shrimp ceviche, chips and guacamole and chipotle chicken wings, plus limonadas, pina coladas and beer

The resort is beautifully landscaped, and the bay is stunning...a group of 60+ foot cruisers were hanging out.....

I was impressed with the landscape and the care that went into the construction and design...the Spanish have good taste!!!

The old Danzante building are to the right and the Villas del Palmar to the left, the location is spectacular

We guessed that these cruisers were travelling together

Blanca, the next time you come thru Loreto, check it out. You'll like it.

[Edited on 8-8-2014 by Loretana]

bajajudy - 8-7-2014 at 10:04 PM

It was beautiful. Now if I can just find the floppy disk my pix are on.

sd - 8-8-2014 at 01:06 AM

I stayed when it was open, a fantastic place and the owners ran it very well. Set up on the hill with views of the sea in front and incredible mountain views in back. It was pricey, and included upscale meals and margarita happy hour.

This location is one of my favorite in Baja. I have not been back since the new building, the pictures look nice. Thanks for sharing. Chocolate clams look great!

BajaBlanca - 8-8-2014 at 08:44 PM

mystery solved X! thanks for the pics and the info!