BajaNomad

The Return of the Gringo Gazette North - Same Old Dreck

Gypsy Jan - 8-12-2014 at 06:36 PM

Found the "newpaper" at Splash! and at the El Jefe market in Primo Tapia recently.

Same publisher; the one who was declared a "menace or otherwise undesirable" and banned from returning to Mexico by the government (federal or civil, I don't know).

No sign on the masthead of the former editor,

Sorry to be so bit cryptic, but the guilty parties are still operating the former "muckraking" publication and the longtime residents of Baja will have vivid memories of the former tabloid wars and death threats that ensued.

DENNIS - 8-12-2014 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Same publisher; the one who was declared a "menace or otherwise undesirable" and banned from returning to Mexico by the government (federal or civil, I don't know).

That was Nancy Conroy. The new edition is published by Carrie Duncan who publishes the southern edition.

Dennis, I Must Demur

Gypsy Jan - 8-12-2014 at 07:05 PM

Nancy Conroy was always Carries puppet, until she wnet off the rails and broke away, unsuccessfully with the mission to report on the drug wars.

When I worked for the original Gringo Gazette North, Carrie Duncan told me straight to my face that Mexicans were too lazy and too stupid to figure out if their ads brought in any increased business.

I also saw an edition of her "so-called" newspaper where she published an editorial where she railed against slow service, sayin that, "Why can't we get Jose to the table faster?"

She also published the use of the "N" against someone else she was angry about.

Don't even get me started about Carrie Duncan's stealing tof he copyright and intellectual and artistic properties from the late, lamented Grunion Gazette in Long Beach, CA.

That is exacktly where she began her evil empire.