BajaNomad

Can't blame Hughes Net

Russ - 8-14-2014 at 07:45 AM

My friend Dave was taking down his system in Oregon to bring down and discovered ....

Mu

wessongroup - 8-14-2014 at 08:05 AM

Well ... Its good to see bee's are doing ok in OR ...in some places :):)

Say, did it smell like "pot" .. :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 8-14-2014 by wessongroup]

bajacalifornian - 8-14-2014 at 08:05 AM

Whoda guessed. Sweet system!

Meany - 8-14-2014 at 10:50 AM

Check yours maybe some Honey to eat or some other critter in there or lose wires?? You did have some good winds a while back?? :light:

bajabuddha - 8-14-2014 at 11:02 AM

Word to the wise, those li'l buggers love the smell/taste of propane also; RV'ers check your water heater, fridge covers and furnace vent inside and in the tubes and recesses at least every 6 months, especially during summer. I bought a finer wire-mesh screen material and seated it inside the original gratings of all three on mine.

Bob and Susan - 8-14-2014 at 03:13 PM

actually years ago installers were issued an order to take the plastic covers off...this happened all over the country

so it was the installers fault

Sat dishes

baconjr - 8-16-2014 at 11:15 AM

Is he going to set up and position the dish himself? I am trying to set up a Viasat system myself and could use a wise word or two.

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
My friend Dave was taking down his system in Oregon to bring down and discovered ....

Mu

BCSTech - 8-16-2014 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baconjr
Is he going to set up and position the dish himself? I am trying to set up a Viasat system myself and could use a wise word or two.
ViaSat in Baja? That won't work. Or do you mean "VSAT?"

BajaParrothead - 8-17-2014 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baconjr

Is your Viasat system the old wildblue or the newer Exede? If it's Exede, you wont be able to point it without accessing the browser interface. If it's the old/slow style, a signal meter would certainly be helpful.

Good Luck

BCSTech - 8-18-2014 at 05:34 AM

Neither Exede nor WildBlue will work in Mexico.