BajaNomad

pemex monopoly over?

mikeymarlin - 8-14-2014 at 12:53 PM

just read Mexico is going to auction off oil development to outside developers---i.e.-- exon etc. will this be interesting!!!!!

Seems like this is something that happened a long time ago---then Mexico nationalized the oil industry and booted the companies out----how soon the companies have forgotten--

well , just have to wait and see

rts551 - 8-14-2014 at 12:55 PM

lots of restrictions this time

mikeymarlin - 8-14-2014 at 12:56 PM

I am just saying--- time well tell---

rts551 - 8-14-2014 at 01:46 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2014/08/14/after-79...

mikeymarlin - 8-14-2014 at 02:13 PM

so, maybe when this gets going and the big bucks start flowing ,

mexico hwy. # 1 will be improved , say like maybe a 6 lane

super high-speed freeway that makes it possible to go T.J to

cabo in 8 hours---jeeesh---- lets hope and pray NOT !!!!!

TMW - 8-14-2014 at 03:15 PM

I don't think it will have much affect on Baja. The major oil sites are in the Gulf of Mexico. Deep under water drilling is not something PEMEX is capable of doing. Estimates of 20 billion barrels of oil there. Need people and equipment that know how to do it 6000 feet below the water surface.

DENNIS - 8-14-2014 at 05:47 PM

From the article:

"But partnering with major players does not guarantee greater transparency into Pemex, a company known as much for its potential as for its corruption. Some U.S. companies – from banks to service providers and retailers – have been investigated for allegedly paying bribes and violating Mexican environmental laws."
------------------------------------------------------------

Ohh well....wadda you expect...miracles?

acadist - 8-14-2014 at 09:10 PM

1000 miles in 8 hours? Must be a Sammy Hagar lover ;)

wetto - 8-15-2014 at 08:41 AM

I cant see how the busses make it as quickly as they do. Those drivers are fast and must know that road so well.
It "us" that gets in their way.....literally.

weebray - 8-15-2014 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wetto
I cant see how the busses make it as quickly as they do. Those drivers are fast and must know that road so well.
It "us" that gets in their way.....literally.

Maybe it's just me but the busses on Hwy. 1 seem to me to be driving much slower lately. We really noticed it on our last trip about 2 mo. ago.