BajaNomad

What have you found in Baja?

MMc - 8-22-2014 at 11:36 PM

OK, what have you found in baja?

The people always amaze me, I have been offered 1/2 of what ever they had freely and openly. How many times have I been passed by a gringo and picked up by a local????? (locals win x 10 fold) auto issues, locals are on board always willing. Fishing tricks, yep! Understanding, get home fix and fixed ain't the same ,Yep. I understand better then I speak and we get by. The folks of Baja are far more human them many of my friends and neighbors in the US. I understand if there a couple of nuts and bolts lift over. THAT IS BAJA,
IT'S NOT PERFECT, IT IS JUST LIKE ME.

We have found some great beaches and a few slabs to surf but what we remember is the great people. There are not many places I do not explore in Baja,if for no other reason as to meet the folks that live there. Exploring for surf and fishing will always be the driving force to spend as much time as we can afford, the people are the icing on the cake

Baja offers me a place to disconnect and decide who, and what I am, about with interference. I enjoy my life a bit closer to the bone then most, gutting, cleaning, curing and whatever are part of the possess. I do what needs to be done.
I still can find a little adventure in a few nooks and crannies that I do protect.

I did find a couple of sharks teeth and clams too...
0:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

BajaRat - 8-22-2014 at 11:50 PM

Sanity, surf, rock, sand, aquatic and terrestrial life and overall great people in a world gone mad :biggrin:

MMc - 8-23-2014 at 12:00 AM

Amen!!!!!

Russ - 8-23-2014 at 05:08 AM

I found myself staying the last 20+ years.

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2014 at 05:57 AM

I've found lots of good times and things, here are my favorite 2:

I found one on the beach in Buena Vista and one at Squid Row in Cabo.....When someone tells you "what happens down in Mexico stays in Mexico" don't believe it:bounce::bounce::bounce:

vgabndo - 8-23-2014 at 07:02 AM

A place with no contrails or airplane sounds. A place where if I listen I can hear every wave. A place where some times the waves crash so hard they shake my little space capsule. A place of a foreign tongue which rewards, delights and frustrates me. A beautiful, generous, loving people, new friends. I have found an easy separation from the materialistic norms, demands, speed, hustle, fear, and uncertainty of my native culture, but I must acknowledge holding a passionate interest in the future of the USA. I've been telling my Mexican friends for a long time that in my heart I feel part Mexican. I recently told a new friend that I had come to believe that I had been born in the wrong country. I guess that's what I've found. It's odd. I learned in July that family has been in "America" since 1705 and I'd rather be in Baja.:cool:

nbacc - 8-23-2014 at 07:32 AM

Relaxation, friends and friendly people, quiet (where we go), nice and clean beaches (with shells no less) and a chance to think without too much going on around you,

Skeet/Loreto - 8-23-2014 at 08:09 AM

The People!!! The Sights and Sounds, the Great Fish Life.
After 38 years living there on and Off I never found another place that can equal it.

God Bless Baja

cliffh - 8-23-2014 at 08:14 AM

Hey Dave they are keepers. How are your eye lids?

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2014 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffh
Hey Dave they are keepers. How are your eye lids?

good cliffh, thanks for asking. They got a little puffy looking at this picture, not sure if it was emotionally inspired or something else:spingrin::spingrin:

BajaBlanca - 8-23-2014 at 10:45 AM

kids kids and more kids!

bajacalifornian - 8-23-2014 at 12:08 PM

Indubitableness. I think . . .

pauldavidmena - 8-23-2014 at 12:14 PM

A light at the end of the tunnel that isn't an oncoming train.

Heather - 8-23-2014 at 09:18 PM

My husband...19 years ago...and a great set of in-laws and friends!

bajabuddha - 8-24-2014 at 12:31 AM

"Dinero rico, espiritu pobre... y, el oposito es verdad..."

El Espiritu Baja. Solamente.

"when I wake up, I am hungry, so I eat. Then, I am ready for siesta..."

"no cerveza, no trabajo; pero, no trabajo, no cerveza"

y la ultima.............. MAŅANA........ ahhh, Baja. :cool:

mulegemichael - 8-24-2014 at 08:47 AM

found two bales of plastic wrapped pot on the beach one christmas eve morning...they were so heavy took two of us to drag them up to the dunes....merry christmas!

Pappy Jon - 8-24-2014 at 10:40 AM

Myself. It's were I go to seek solitude and evaluate where I've come, and where I'm going. Or to drink cerveza.

greengoes - 8-24-2014 at 11:10 AM

A cat.

grace59 - 8-24-2014 at 11:14 AM

Peace! Enduring friendships....more like family! In my heart, I am Mexican and belong in Baja. Someday it will be a permanent move. Quiet, relief from stress, beauty of the desert, sea and mountains. Plenty of shells. The warmth of the sunshine. Kindred spirits. Sigh...I miss it already! Counting the days until my next trip!

pappy - 8-24-2014 at 11:15 AM

a mission, found some beautiful wild horses atop mesa avion, some old pot farms, some great people, great food, surf , some roads that didn't exist, solitude....

greengoes - 8-24-2014 at 11:20 AM

Another cat. Es verdad.

Peace

mooose29 - 8-24-2014 at 10:57 PM

I have found a peacefulness like no where else and a place where family is always number one.