BajaNomad

North La Fonda vs. South La Fonda

EnsenadaDr - 8-26-2014 at 12:16 PM

I've had some time to investigate what the "difference" is between North La Fonda and South La Fonda. North La Fonda bought the whole La Fonda about 5 years ago from Dimitri. The people at that location say there is some litigation going on and they only have the North La Fonda location which is a lot smaller than the South La Fonda.

I spoke with Dimitri's wife at the South La Fonda on Saturday. She is a very elegant lady and very sweet. She said Dimitri and her bought La Fonda in 1979 and sold it 4 1/2 years ago to the owner of North La Fonda. She said after 4 1/2 years the owner stopped paying the mortgage that was supposed to be for 5 1/2 years so Dimitri and fam moved back and claimed the South La Fonda but the whole process is still under litigation. Both places are very nice, I believe North La Fonda has more specials, and has a smoking hot rock n' roll band Friday and Saturday nights. Though I haven't spent much time in South La Fonda. I will go visit Dimitri's wife in the next few days and find out the entertainment and food specials on their end. Poco Cielo is very nice and very elegant but if you just want to dance the night away to some oldies and Mexican tunes La Fonda North is the place to go.