BajaNomad

Vintage Off Road Racing

TMW - 9-4-2014 at 12:37 PM

Rory Ward has a new Facebook page called "Vintage Off Road Racing. Check it out, pretty cool stuff.

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Off-Road-Racing/14817...

blackwolfmt - 9-4-2014 at 01:52 PM

COOl TW, I miss the old Rod Hall, Walker Evens days

pbods - 9-4-2014 at 02:34 PM

How come no bikes?

TMW - 9-4-2014 at 03:44 PM

Probably because he is a car guy.

David K - 9-4-2014 at 04:44 PM

Thanks for that link TW... I just put up some photos from the 70's.

StuckSucks - 9-5-2014 at 10:42 AM

Found a couple old ones to share, starting with one of my favorites, Snortin' Norton':

When I grabbed this one I thought it was Scoop, but turns out it's young Robby Gordon:

Wardy - 9-11-2014 at 02:30 PM

TW, thanks for the link to the new FaceBook page. I'm trying to get people to post not only old race pictures but to also post the story behind them. It really makes the photo that much better. Also, please make sure to give the photographer credit. If you would like to me to put a watermark on the photo for you send it to me so no one else can claim it as there own. Thanks again, Rory Ward

racersonly@yahoo.com

[Edited on 9-11-2014 by Wardy]

David K - 9-11-2014 at 02:55 PM

Hi Rory, just went and looked at what's new... and wonder where are the photos I posted (Parnelli, Mickey, Ivan)?

Wardy - 9-11-2014 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Hi Rory, just went and looked at what's new... and wonder where are the photos I posted (Parnelli, Mickey, Ivan)?

David, I don't know. You posted on this page correct?:

Anything posted can be found on the right hand side of the page titled "Posts to Page" located Under the "About" section of the web site. Nobody has said to me they have been having problems. If you post them again and it doesn't work, email them to me and I will post. Give me a little info on each picture to post with it...who, what, when, where, how...etc.

willyAirstream - 9-11-2014 at 03:47 PM

Thanks for the link TW and nice FB site Rory. I will post some pics, later, of my 1980's Funco which I race locally.

Wardy - 9-11-2014 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
Thanks for the link TW and nice FB site Rory. I will post some pics, later, of my 1980's Funco which I race locally.

PLEASE DO! Don't forget to put some words with the pic's!

David K - 9-11-2014 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wardy
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

David, I don't know. You posted on this page correct?:

Anything posted can be found on the right hand side of the page titled "Posts to Page" located Under the "About" section of the web site. Nobody has said to me they have been having problems. If you post them again and it doesn't work, email them to me and I will post. Give me a little info on each picture to post with it...who, what, when, where, how...etc.

Ok found them over on that side link way down.
You are welcome to them elsewhere if you want. Fun times from 30-40 years ago!