BajaNomad

Osprey

vandenberg - 9-19-2014 at 02:32 PM

Glad to report I just got a message from Osprey to let me know he and Lynda came through Odile with only minor damage.
The village is getting emergency assistance from the army. Provisions by helicopter and protection against the criminal element, which you find anywhere during a disaster.

[Edited on 9-22-2014 by vandenberg]

DanO - 9-19-2014 at 02:39 PM

Good to hear. Thanks.

woody with a view - 9-19-2014 at 03:15 PM

WOOP!

DENNIS - 9-19-2014 at 03:15 PM

Can't hurt George. The ol' coot is too tough.

Skipjack Joe - 9-19-2014 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Can't hurt George. The ol' coot is too tough.

An Oldlie but goodie.

bajadogs - 9-19-2014 at 09:51 PM

Thanks Vandenberg. I was concerned about Osprey, but also knew he is smart and tough enough to survive. Peace to you George.

woody with a view - 9-20-2014 at 06:32 AM

can't wait for the "story!"

wsdunc - 9-20-2014 at 07:22 AM

Yeah!

Udo - 9-20-2014 at 09:26 AM

I tried to call him several times (22 calls), but the lines either did not work or all circuits to Mexico were already being used.
But Lynda posted a notice on FB that all was OK at their house.

BajaBlanca - 9-20-2014 at 11:07 AM

GREAT NEWS!

Osprey - 9-20-2014 at 11:51 AM

I'm alive and well. Been drunk for the last 5 days celebrating the fact that I won't have to pay my gardener to prune my trees. El Niņo been berry berry good to me.

I am however reaching out with my good thoughts and wishes to those who suffered losses to the wind and water.

We are not wholly without blame because it is said "When the Gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."

DENNIS - 9-20-2014 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

I am however reaching out with my good thoughts and wishes to those who suffered losses to the wind and water.

Not to mention the ravages of rampant anarchy. :fire:

DanO - 9-21-2014 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
I'm alive and well. Been drunk for the last 5 days celebrating the fact that I won't have to pay my gardener to prune my trees. El Niņo been berry berry good to me.

We are not wholly without blame because it is said "When the Gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."

I believe the modern variant of that is "no good deed goes unpunished," but I'm not sure that any of us has the power to summon the gods of wind and water. If I do, I'm in the wrong line of business. Anyway, I'm very pleased to hear that you're ok. Be well.