BajaNomad

Wouldn't it be nice if FEMA-

Cliffy - 9-21-2014 at 06:57 PM

Wouldn't be nice if FEMA got rid of all those old trailers they stored after Katrina by barging them to BAJA and giving them to the folks in need? There's got to be lots of them stored somewhere.

Whale-ista - 9-21-2014 at 07:25 PM

It would be a wonderful humanitarian effort, but I can't imagine the protests and clamor if anything like that was proposed.

Also many of those trailers were substandard to begin with. If they've been used for any length of time they would be in pretty bad shape by now.

bajadogs - 9-21-2014 at 08:02 PM

I don't think a barge full of old trailers would be a smart long term solution for Baja. Or anywhere.

larryC - 9-22-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Whale-ista
It would be a wonderful humanitarian effort, but I can't imagine the protests and clamor if anything like that was proposed.

Also many of those trailers were substandard to begin with. If they've been used for any length of time they would be in pretty bad shape by now.

yeah, imagine having old trailers in Baja. :lol:

chuckie - 9-22-2014 at 04:23 PM

Is this a joke? Or what? FEMA involved in anything, would be like another Odile.

willardguy - 9-22-2014 at 04:27 PM

"BROWNIE, you're doing a heck of a job" :lol:

sancho - 9-22-2014 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC

yeah, imagine having old trailers in Baja

That's funny, who in their right mind would even think of
old trailers in Baja? What's next, don't tell me some Gringos
are going to build a room/living quarters around the trailer?
I remember some sort of contamination of the Katrina trailers, some sort of toxin from the plastic was making the occupants sick, as I remember the US Govt paid out some claims, the Govt
ended up storing some trailers for yrs., like paying $50,000
for storing a $10,000 trailer

[Edited on 9-22-2014 by sancho]

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by sancho]

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by sancho]

dtbushpilot - 9-22-2014 at 05:11 PM

They will need to get the people still living in them to move out first...

windgrrl - 9-22-2014 at 05:26 PM

The toxin is formaldehyde, yup, the embalming chemical:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Health/story?id=3240532&page=1

The thought had crossed my mind that my RV could be commandeered. They will have come to tin city and pry it from my cold, dead...WHOA, I got lost there for a moment.
:lol:

[Edited on 9-23-2014 by windgrrl]