BajaNomad

TUNA TUNA TUNA in Asuncion!!!!! Finally

shari - 9-22-2014 at 07:18 AM

Woody's prayers were finally answered in part thanks to that meany Odile! The dorado and tuna are thick here now only a couple miles off Asuncion Island!!! I have been waiting years to post this picture amigos...gonna be a great season this fall here.

Juan lost a couple big ones and a nice dorado too. The dorado they did bring home were small but they are back out there again this morning before starting caracol fishing for the coop tomorrow.
Things are definitely looking up.

[Edited on 9-22-2014 by shari]

David K - 9-22-2014 at 07:26 AM

Where's the "LIKE" button? :bounce:

wetto - 9-22-2014 at 08:24 AM

Alright! TUNA

woody with a view - 9-22-2014 at 09:53 AM

WOOP!!! Damn Good!

rts551 - 9-22-2014 at 10:16 AM

Tuna here as well. La Bocana too ! Now is the time for a fishing torneo...don't t they have on coming up in La Bocana?

shari - 9-22-2014 at 10:28 AM

I dont know about La Bocana but our tournament got cancelled due to hurricane 2 weekends in a row...hmm...maybe next weekend? or not as there is another storm coming up the alley!

bigmike58 - 9-22-2014 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I dont know about La Bocana but our tournament got cancelled due to hurricane 2 weekends in a row...hmm...maybe next weekend? or not as there is another storm coming up the alley!

Good luck in the tournament! Congrats on the Tuna and Dorado's!

Hope to head out fishing off of San Diego to see what Odile has sent up here. It has to be better than what she sent to Mulege and the rest of Baja Sur...

rts551 - 9-22-2014 at 12:43 PM

Quote:

we can always hope. Let us know when it is rescheduled

whistler - 9-22-2014 at 01:30 PM

Been up here for quite awhile.140 tuna,40 skipjack in a two hour stop.3/4 day trip out of 22nd St. Landing.

whistler - 9-22-2014 at 01:44 PM

Tried to post photos.Still won't work.
The"Native Son" caught and released a striped marlin.Tunas to 40lb.
Ralph,the "Native Son" is one of Danny's boats.
Aaron,the skipper is going to drive one of the chase trucks.

rts551 - 9-22-2014 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler

where is the like button.

David K - 9-22-2014 at 05:26 PM

Quote:

Glenn, you can call me as well, and I will talk you through this so you can share...

The following is at the top of the Baja Photo Gallery forum here at Nomad:

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

UPDATED FEB. 2014

There are many photo hosting sites, Photobucket.com is one used by many here, it is free for basic membership and very cheap for advanced.

1) Create an album for your trip or subject on Photobucket.

2) Click Upload (top center) to transfer photos from your PC folder to your Photobucket album.

3) Click on the gear symbol on the right corner of the box you see on the screen...

4) Select 800 (full size) or 640 (large size) for Nomad posting...

100x75 is the Avatar size, fyi.

5) Click SAVE!

6) Select photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums) by pressing the Choose Photos & Videos button (or for the entire folder of photos, click Choose Folder).

Once done with uploading photos, make your post here on Baja Nomad and add photos using the IMG link from the choices of links for each photo in your album. Copy and paste that link in your Nomad thread, double spacing between links. Add a caption to the photo if desired... Click Preview Post to check your post... if okay, click Post Reply.

whistler - 9-22-2014 at 10:00 PM

Thanks David.No importa.Rare that I even check this site anymore.

David K - 9-22-2014 at 10:20 PM

Don't let the player haters keep you away Glenn! If you want, just email any pics and captions to go with and I will post them here for you!

BajaDanD - 9-23-2014 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Been up here for quite awhile.140 tuna,40 skipjack in a two hour stop.3/4 day trip out of 22nd St. Landing.

Tuna out of San Diego does not mean Tuna for Asuncion It has been 3 years since Tuna were caught out of Asuncion. I was there. the last 3 years no Tuna Just Yellow Tail. I think They were either too far off shore or too far north. I was praying that Odile would bring some Tuna and Dorado. Yahoo!!!! Also after a big storm along the coast there should be lots of stuff floating out there for fish to gather around. Hope they stay until I get there. Cant wait. See you in October

shari - 9-23-2014 at 10:59 AM

Dan is right...there were tuna but too far offshore and spotty so our clients preferred easy limits of YT close to shore than burning gas looking for tuna way out there. So we are ready to smoke some of that yellowfin! We are so spoiled here with fish on our doorstep...it's gonna be a whopper of a fall season here.

An interesting note is that the fishermen here say that fishing always improves when lobster season starts...I guess all the stinky sardines from 1,000 traps attracts more fish close to shore...whatever works! bring it on....

What say you Woody???

woody with a view - 9-23-2014 at 11:26 AM

let's see how many show up in the coming couple of weeks. we have work to do at BdLA for a couple of days, go surf/dig some big asss pismos, and then make a beeline to BA for a few days if the stinky water theory is true!

whistler - 9-23-2014 at 11:57 AM

David,no problems with this site.Just not for me anymore.

whistler - 9-23-2014 at 12:00 PM

Brother in law just got back with limits of tuna on the "Pacific Dawn".Fished off of San Clemente.

whistler - 9-23-2014 at 12:14 PM

22nd Street Landing is in San Pedro not San Diego.Catching tunas off of Catalina.Ralph,Danny is part owner of the landing too.
We caught tunas off off Catalina chasing porpoise schools.Last time we went to the landing to fish bass and ended up chasing tuna.Fishing live mackerel with bass gear.Only nine tuna were caught.Only ones that caught them were the "deadheads".I got mine.
One reason why this site is not for me anymore.

BajaDanD - 9-23-2014 at 04:59 PM

Excuse me on the 22nd landing error I know its not in San Diego All I was saying is When Tuna are being caught off So Cal does not mean they should be caught around Asuncion. I have been fishing So Cal waters my whole life and have fished out of 22nd street landing many times and to get Tuna on a boat from there is something to talk about for sure.
I meant no disrespect.

whistler - 9-23-2014 at 06:14 PM

No disrespect taken.

woody with a view - 9-23-2014 at 06:17 PM

hey Dan, wasn't it 5 years ago when we all were there catching tuna and fishing the beach at night for corBinas?

redmesa - 9-23-2014 at 06:34 PM

I just bought a 8 pounds spring salmon at the dock in Comox, British Columbia and he had tuna there for sale also. I am not a big fan of tuna not being a sport fishing person.

shari - 9-23-2014 at 07:11 PM

sigh....I'd take a salmon over a tuna any day of the semana! sigh again...today friends sent me photos of beautiful ripe berries on the bush in BC and scrumdeliicious wild mushrooms...these are the things I miss most about the other BC...sigh

boe4fun - 9-23-2014 at 07:52 PM

Hey Woody, When you goin to BA?

woody with a view - 9-23-2014 at 07:59 PM

don't know for sure. 3+ weeks maybe.

whistler - 9-23-2014 at 08:07 PM

I remember when the Bluefin came down into the canyon in Redondo.Tuna fishing on the half day boats.

BajaDanD - 9-23-2014 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
hey Dan, wasn't it 5 years ago when we all were there catching tuna and fishing the beach at night for corBinas?

I like the way you spelled corBinas, no mix ups
Yeah that was me that was a good trip. caught lots of Tuna and Yellowtail that trip. was it you that lost the serf boards. I was down there just before the 4th of July this year caught a huge White sea bass. We will be there the last week of October. I would go now if I could but I gotta work!! work!! work!!

BajaDanD - 9-23-2014 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
I remember when the Bluefin came down into the canyon in Redondo.Tuna fishing on the half day boats.

I've heard stories about that. I've seen Bluefin in Santa Monica Bay but could not catch up to them They were moving too fast. I read that someone caught a Wahoo this year off So Cal

Skipjack Joe - 9-23-2014 at 10:59 PM

Quote:
sigh....I'd take a salmon over a tuna any day of the semana! sigh again...today friends sent me photos of beautiful ripe berries on the bush in BC and scrumdeliicious wild mushrooms...these are the things I miss most about the other BC...sigh

In that case I have a treat for you Shari. I'm compiling the pictures now.

We even have a mushroom story to go with them.

woody with a view - 9-24-2014 at 02:04 AM

yeah, boards came off south of pedregoso. got them back but man that sucked.

Timo1 - 9-24-2014 at 04:26 AM

Get ready for some salmon Shari

See ya in a few days