BajaNomad

Punta Chivato Weather & Info Again

Russ - 10-1-2014 at 06:56 AM

I was waiting for a sunrise shot but nothing but clear skies and so no photo today.
Water here is still a concern and it's been difficult to find out when they'll pump water to Shell Beach. Some parcels say water has been pumped. We have to open a valve to fill our tank so we miss the opportunity to fill our tank. If they would ever finish the "new" water line, which we have paid for, we'd have a float valve to handle that. The road at the estuary is still bad. Especially at high tide when the crossong can be quite deep. I would not recommend trying to tow anything in and motor homes don't think about getting across. There are still some major woop-t-dos. Hoping for a big loader and rock but there are still some roads that are in major need of repairs so our priority for getting the heavey equipment is low.
Some are concerned about a storm developing down south. From what I see today I feel there isn't anything to be concerned about.

David K - 10-1-2014 at 07:00 AM

Thanks Russ!

Pescador - 10-1-2014 at 07:21 AM

I hear that bad roads do not necessarily keep out Bad People!

Russ - 10-1-2014 at 09:14 AM

:biggrin:

Russ - 10-1-2014 at 09:16 AM

Just heard that the water may be pumped in 3 days. Conserve!

Pescador - 10-1-2014 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ

:?::barf::mad::fire::fire::fire:

Russ - 10-2-2014 at 05:36 AM

I meant that it was a clever statement. Nothing to be angry about. Being here almost alone the bad element was one of my greatest concern not the damage.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ

:?::barf::mad::fire::fire::fire:

Russ - 10-2-2014 at 05:47 AM

And now...... the weather. Yesterday my thought was that this new storm would head out to sea WNW. But the new track forecast show it may swing towards us by Tuesday. Although not in the form of a hurricane. My hope is that it will die before there is any torrential rain on Baja.

[Edited on 10-2-2014 by Russ]

Russ - 10-3-2014 at 05:28 AM

Simon has become more organized so I've change my thoughts a bit and am thinking we will get wet. Although it won't be a hurricane by Tuesday some storms pick up a lot of water and can produce a lot of rain. We'll have a much better handle on the path in a couple days so be aware of changes.
The new generator has arrived for the well and the latest I heard was that it maybe 5 days before the system is pumping again. I'm hoping less because the water line itself has been repaired but add water and there may be areas not found that need work. So If you're heading down don't be upset if your faucets are dry. Forewarned.

[Edited on 10-3-2014 by Russ]

watizname - 10-3-2014 at 08:00 AM

Boy oh boy. You guys can't get a break. Looks like this will be a year to remember. :coolup:

Russ - 10-3-2014 at 09:18 AM

Just heard from Steve Klers. He crossed the estuary this morning DRY TIRES!
Still some bumps they could have flattened but now you don't have to worry about the tided and the big hole.

Clouseaus - 10-3-2014 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for the updates Russ. Do you really need more rain? It's been drier in Seattle.

Russ - 10-4-2014 at 06:43 AM

What a difference a day makes. Lowest morning temp this season, 72º then Simon forecast shows a down grade for Wed. which I hope means no torrential rains. Two friend have loaned me generators so if we get some cloudy days I can charge the batteries until I get my generator repaired. My biggest hope for today is that water is pumped into our pilas.

wessongroup - 10-4-2014 at 06:45 AM

Too much and not enough .... strange how that works ...

Ya got a sweater on ... :):)

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by wessongroup]

Russ - 10-5-2014 at 06:19 AM

360º clouds this morning. My guestimates are probable wrong. I now gues that we my start getting some showers as soon as early this afternoon. As I look towards Mulege the cloud cover is much lighter right now. A good sign.
Banda Anch is extremely slow this morning...

Bob and Susan - 10-5-2014 at 06:46 AM

the calm before the storm...
today on the bay in mulege...nice 81f now

no breeze

10-5-14bn.jpg - 47kB

Vince - 10-5-2014 at 10:21 AM

Thanks for the photos and weather info.

Russ - 10-5-2014 at 05:02 PM

Around 5:30 it started raining. Not heavy only a shower.... I hope! From here it looks like Mulege may be having some real rain and another squall is heading in from Mulege now.

David K - 10-5-2014 at 05:10 PM

Thanks Russ!

BajaBlanca - 10-5-2014 at 05:19 PM

Major clouds here too- they look dark and full of water but not a drop yet.

stay safe you all on the other side!

Russ, nice posts with maps and updates BTW

Russ - 10-6-2014 at 06:27 AM

Another beautiful morning. I think we dodged this one unles last evenings storm caused problems.

Pescador - 10-6-2014 at 06:49 AM

They tell me it rained hard in Santa Rosalia as well as San Bruno last night. Hopefully this passes so that I can get home.

Russ - 10-6-2014 at 09:18 AM

Come on Down!
Still no water in PC Don't come here if you don't have to!

Russ - 10-7-2014 at 05:35 AM

Good morning. Still dark at 6:30.
Travelers today be wary of road conditions on Mex 1. Hopefully we'll get some reports to help you. What is left of Simon could cause problems as it weakens and heads East across Baja.

6:50 dawn

[Edited on 10-7-2014 by Russ]

Bob and Susan - 10-7-2014 at 05:54 AM

are you sure your wind thing is working?
we had 15mph wind all night from the south
not normal

nice and cool here on the bay this morning too

wind is about 6mph now 6:54am

Russ - 10-7-2014 at 06:00 AM

When I took the dawn shots it was weird, the water looks like there is at least a 6mph breeze. Kinda churned up. But the palm frams aren't moving either. We had wind Last night too but it just made sleeping nice.

[Edited on 10-7-2014 by Russ]

SKIPJACK1977 - 10-8-2014 at 06:34 AM

RUSS DID YOU SAY THERE IS STILL NO WATER AT CHIVATO? DO YOU KNOW IF THE MAIN PILLA IS FULL THE ONE BY JULIAS

Russ - 10-8-2014 at 08:49 AM

Water is not being pumped. I don't know how much is left in the pilas around here but the fewer people here the better. Rumor is the installer will come from La Paz Saturday to hook up the new generator and plumbing. But it could be longer. If it come down to it we can have water trucked in. But the bumps in the road may prevent that at this time. Just not a good time to come here.

Quote:
Originally posted by SKIPJACK1977
RUSS DID YOU SAY THERE IS STILL NO WATER AT CHIVATO? DO YOU KNOW IF THE MAIN PILLA IS FULL THE ONE BY JULIAS

carlosg - 10-11-2014 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
the calm before the storm...
today on the bay in mulege...nice 81f now

no breeze

Hi Bob and Susan,

Seems like the weather is really nice this time of the year, can you tell me how it is (average) during thanksgiving? We plan to visit your neck of the woods next month, hopefully camp at Los Naranjos (our late September trip was taken care of by Odile :barf: ) I saw one of your postings regarding launchig a boat from the beach, have you seen the ramp at Los Naranjos lately? I have a pool sercice business here in San Diego, do you need any help with yours?

[Edited on 10-11-2014 by carlosg]