BajaNomad

IS THIS A RECORD TIME???

Udo - 10-2-2014 at 06:38 PM

Jana just applied for the SENTRI pass Wednesday last week.

Today she received her conditional approval!

Appt set for the 28th of this month.

BajaGringo - 10-2-2014 at 07:04 PM

I suspect that they already checked her out when they processed you...

tjsue - 10-2-2014 at 07:05 PM

That is a record time. They must be caught up on all their work.

BooJumMan - 10-2-2014 at 07:59 PM

Just took me 3 months to get conditionally approved to get a car inspected.... Finally went down this monday. Officer looked at my car for about 2 seconds and then said i was good to go. Of course I had to wait 45 mins before getting called up..

Im jealous!

shari - 10-2-2014 at 08:08 PM

it's because she's a saint:saint:

BajaBlanca - 10-3-2014 at 04:17 AM

that really was fast.

Udo - 10-3-2014 at 08:13 AM

I think you have it right, Shari! :saint:

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
it's because she's a saint:saint:
:saint:

SENTRI pass

wesleyj - 10-3-2014 at 08:27 AM

Silly question -- what is a SENTRI pass?

nandopedal - 10-3-2014 at 08:28 AM

I cross that border at least once a week and I have noticed that since the day that they opened all the gates the lines are very short except at the sentri lines, my compadres that cross everyday had mention the same, so I am guessing???....Have you ever watched a comercial on TV about the two egiptian engineers looking at their blue prints and saying ...OH,OHH!! So could it be the case of hurry up Pancho before they notice and we'll have all that revenue gone.

bajaguy - 10-3-2014 at 08:34 AM

Think of it as the Gold Card when returning back to the US

Quote:
Originally posted by wesleyj

bajalearner - 10-3-2014 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wesleyj

At some large crossings, they have several lanes only for people who have a Sentri card. The card is issued by CBP to a person who passes a background check, interview and completes the process with CBP. The card is equal to a passport in respects and has an electronic device which is help up to a sensor before getting to the officer at the booth. Since the card holder has passed a background check, the booth officer normally doesn't ask questions or search the car but only verifies the person so the lanes move much faster than the cattle lanes. When I use the cattle lanes for my motorcycle or when towing my trailer, I show my Sentri card instead of my passport because I notice they don't ask me much or search much (normally).

Every person in the car must have Sentri and the car has to be approved as a Sentri car which means it has been inspected and registered with CBP. There is a SENTRI walking gate too. Of
course if the booth officer gets a gut feeling or suspects something, a Sentri person/car will get a closer look like all other would.

Sentri warns the person that he is held to a higher standard for compliance with rules, procedures and laws and they do write people up for small infractions and will revoke sentry with 3 violations. Example; they saw 6 or 7 crumpled soda cans in a plastic bag in my car and wrote me up for bringing recyclable material into the US. That was news to me but "she" wrote me up for it.