BajaNomad

Resdente Permanente Visa

sully242 - 10-3-2014 at 03:10 PM

If I apply for and obtain a Residente Permanente Visa, can I continue to work and live most of the year in the US?

DENNIS - 10-3-2014 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sully242
If I apply for and obtain a Residente Permanente Visa, can I continue to work and live most of the year in the US?

You can continue to maintain a private life. What you choose to insist these people know is your decision.

El Norte - 10-3-2014 at 04:29 PM

I am a residente permanente I spend half the year in Baja and half in Canada. No problemo. Meeting the requirements for R.P. Is the only problem there are many benefits. Go for it.

sully242 - 10-3-2014 at 04:30 PM

So neither MX or US will care if I continue to work in the US, taking trips to MX every 6weeks or so?

Udo - 10-3-2014 at 04:47 PM

Just remember, Sully, that part of the requirements is to have a residence in Mexico that has YOUR name on it, and you must present a utility bill with your name on it. A CFE bill is preferred.
You can visit one of the Mexican consulates for more info, and the application for the RP card. They will take your picture, and you must prove to the interviewer that you are financially responsible with a steady income and a US bank account.

Also, when entering Mexico, you HAVE TO obtain a new FMM, and you MUST tell the INM agent to check off the CANJE check box. It will be good for 30 days and will not cost you anything. Only chunky in the chain is that you have to finish your paperwork within 30 days...no exceptions or you have to start over again.

DENNIS - 10-3-2014 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Also, when entering Mexico, you HAVE TO obtain a new FMM,

Not if he holds a perm-res card...right? You can't have two different visas at the same time. I know that for a fact.

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by DENNIS]

gnukid - 10-3-2014 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Also, when entering Mexico, you HAVE TO obtain a new FMM,

Not if he holds a perm-res card...right? You can't have two different visas at the same time. I know that for a fact.
[Edited on 10-4-2014 by DENNIS]

Leaving the mainland you get the exit FMM. You need to show it when you get beck in country.
Baja is probably a bit different.
As far as the utility bill goes, it doesn't matter whose name it is in, you just need on for your residence.

only by plane not by walking or car-in practice hmmm