BajaNomad

For you illegal residents and so forth

mcfez - 10-4-2014 at 10:48 AM

Happening in San Felipe as we talk......

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Susie xxxxxxr <xxxxxxxs@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi xxxxxxx and Jean,

Gordon xxxxx just called me to tell me that Immigration had gone to every resident in Pete's Camp to check on the immigration status of the residents.

Do you know what is happening? Gordon was quite concerned. I am to call Gordon when someone knows something. They are in xxxxx now and heading for Texas before coming back down here to San Felipe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM, xxxx xxxxxxxx<xxxxxxs@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Susie and Jean,
Yes Immigration is doing a review of all the foreign people that live in San Felipe and make sure they have their legal papers to live in Mexico, such as permanent residence, temporary residence, Tourist Visa, etc...
If they do not have their papers they have two options, Make the paperwork to have them, or Leave Mexico...
We might get a revision too but if you have your papers there is nothing to worry about, if you do not have your papers I recommend you to start the paperwork to get them.
Thanks

xxxxx

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by mcfez]

Lee - 10-4-2014 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Susie xxxxxxr <xxxxxxxs@gmail.com> wrote:

…. if you have your papers there is nothing to worry about, if you do not have your papers I recommend you to start the paperwork to get them.

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by mcfez]

MX is nicer about illegals than the US is. If you're a gringo and illegal, well, it's not too late to get unstuck on stupid.

bajalearner - 10-4-2014 at 12:30 PM

This again...I live in Tijuana and if I remember the previous discussions, the MX immigration law excepts me from the requirement to register. I travel occasionally into MX and get a tourist visa but don't renew it until I go again. I want to stay within the law and think I am since living In Tijuana.

I occasionally (when this topic comes up) think about starting the process and obtaining a temp resident visa so that later I have more options since I plan to live in MX for many years and possibly further south. I meet the income requirements and my and motorcycle are registered in S. Dakota.

Thoughts from the more seasoned heads???

DENNIS - 10-4-2014 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalearner
This again...I live in Tijuana and if I remember the previous discussions, the MX immigration law excepts me from the requirement to register. I travel occasionally into MX and get a tourist visa but don't renew it until I go again. I want to stay within the law and think I am since living In Tijuana.

I would hate to submit your argument to a logicion. Why would you consider yourself exempt from registration if Tijuana is your home?
The time allowed in the free zone [Tijuana] without registration of some sort is 72 hours or one week. It's arguable which is correct. I've heard both from immigration.
None the less..........

larryC - 10-4-2014 at 02:57 PM

And it is so easy to get the proper papers. Why would you force them to whack your pee pee for you?
Larry

micah202 - 10-4-2014 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

MX is nicer about illegals than the US is. If you're a gringo and illegal, well, it's not too late to get unstuck on stupid.

....so true...imagine taking the 'too much hassle' approach in the US :o:wow::cool::lol:

DENNIS - 10-4-2014 at 03:44 PM

I've never known the US to do a door-to-door witch hunt.

wessongroup - 10-4-2014 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
And it is so easy to get the proper papers. Why would you force them to whack your pee pee for you?
Larry

:lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech - 10-4-2014 at 04:46 PM

get legal or stay stupid and take you chances:lol:

micah202 - 10-4-2014 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

...what do you call those mid-state border stops??:P

bajalearner - 10-4-2014 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I would hate to submit your argument to a logicion. Why would you consider yourself exempt from registration if Tijuana is your home?
The time allowed in the free zone [Tijuana] without registration of some sort is 72 hours or one week. It's arguable which is correct. I've heard both from immigration.
None the less..........

Ok, then I stand corrected and will start the process for the temporary resident status.

BajaGringo - 10-5-2014 at 06:57 AM

Tourist visas are for tourists. You don't sound like you meet the criteria for a tourist but a part time resident. You "probably" won't run into problems but why risk it? I suggest you go to immigration and ask them what kind of visa you need and do it...

DENNIS - 10-5-2014 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:

A pain in the butt for drivers, but they aren't door-to-door.

rts551 - 10-5-2014 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A certain Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona would like to differ with you Dennis.

difference is he would not give them a chance to get any temp paperwork!

[Edited on 10-5-2014 by rts551]

bajalearner - 10-5-2014 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

House door, car door...same intrusion in my mind. It's just that the founding fathers' didn't foresee the car the extension of a person's inter sanctum and so the Gestapo uses the opportunity to infiltrate.

Highway Checkpoints

bajaguy - 10-5-2014 at 09:03 AM

Drove from Ensenada to San Antonio, Texas on I-8 and I-10 and return last week. Several Border Patrol checkpoints.......no problems, they were polite and efficient, a couple even petted the dogs............

Guess it's all about attitude

[Edited on 10-5-2014 by bajaguy]

gnukid - 10-5-2014 at 09:23 AM

Why isn't there a permanent temporary status - seems to apply to all?

DENNIS - 10-5-2014 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A certain Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona would like to differ with you Dennis.

difference is he would not give them a chance to get any temp paperwork!

SHERIFF JOE FOR PRESIDENT

DENNIS - 10-5-2014 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Why isn't there a permanent temporary status - seems to apply to all?

Not, as you say, all.

DENNIS - 10-5-2014 at 10:05 AM

Quote:

House door, car door...same intrusion in my mind. It's just that the founding fathers' didn't foresee the car the extension of a person's inter sanctum and so the Gestapo uses the opportunity to infiltrate.

Well..... they have never detained me. I guess I should be indignant since they must be profiling.

BajaBlanca - 10-6-2014 at 03:33 PM

Immigration in the US used to go to companies randomly to check immigration statuses/nationalitites of all workers - they did it often in Los Angeles when I was a kid working in various restaurants. The shout was LA MIGRA! VIENE LA MIGRA! and bodies would be seen scampering in every single direction. The Mexicans used to tell me that they would get stopped in the streets when they were biking to work That was in the late70's. I haven't the foggiest if it still continues nowadays.

DENNIS - 10-6-2014 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I haven't the foggiest if it still continues nowadays.

La Migra today is carrying their bags across the line for them.