BajaNomad

Taco Review

PaulW - 10-11-2014 at 08:29 AM

for the toy toco lovers
http://blog.caranddriver.com/690000-toyota-tacomas-recalled-...

bajabuddha - 10-11-2014 at 09:55 AM

awwwww. and my mouth was just starting to water for Dany's sopa frijole w/carnitas or a carne asada from the yellow taqueria at the top of Sta. Rosalia...
:spingrin:

motoged - 10-11-2014 at 10:14 AM

Yeah....me too....:biggrin:

I thought...."Finally, an important thread....":lol:

mikeymarlin - 10-11-2014 at 10:47 AM

IMPORTANT THREAD----YES!!

so , share your favorite place for tacos in El Rosario---

Bajaboy - 10-11-2014 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeymarlin
IMPORTANT THREAD----YES!!

so , share your favorite place for tacos in El Rosario---

This place is good:

located across from Mama Espinosa's on the curve

It's just a little shack but oh so good

mikeymarlin - 10-11-2014 at 12:44 PM

thanks b.boy---looks like I should leave now----what is the name or building look like ??

Bajaboy - 10-11-2014 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeymarlin
thanks b.boy---looks like I should leave now----what is the name or building look like ??

I don't recall a name. It's off white if I recall...located directly next to the market on the curve. There are two markets I'm referring to the more easterly one.

We also really like La Pasadita located further east almost across from Tacos Mision. Started going there many moons ago when it was a shack as well. Now it's an aqua blue colored building. There are usually a few cars out front and often a big rig, too.

[Edited on 10-11-2014 by Bajaboy]

TMW - 10-11-2014 at 01:50 PM

In the comments section.

["Toyota/Lexus is still dealing with Sudden Unintended Acceleration, very dangerous cars. People get killed and injured every day by these dangerous cars and Toyota constantly blames the elderly and teens. Blame everything and everyone except Toyota and Lexus. Here is a brief story of my Lexus Sudden Unintended Acceleration..

Sudden Unintended Acceleration is real, it happened to me in 2005. I had purchased a brand new 2004 ES 330 Lexus while sitting at the red light my car took off like a rocket going through the red light. By the time I realized what was happening my car
was going over 100 miles an hour and I realized that I did not have brake and I
could hear the accelerator revving. All I was able to do hold on to the wheel
trying to avoid hitting anyone. All I could think that my car was going to kill
people. I was so fortunate that no one was kill and what eventually happen I
end up on the other side of the street hitting a SUV head on totaling both
cars. The dashboard fell on my legs and crushed both legs severely. The SUV
driver had some minor damages. As the result of my Lexus suddenly accelerating,
I have had 24 surgeries and more in future. My left leg will have to be amputated
above the knee since surgery can not do any good anymore and my right ankle
will have to be fused since I am in sever pain. I hope Toyota stops the lies
and fix those cars rather than blaming the elderly drivers.
Azar Hadi Brannan"]

Are people too stupid to just turn off the ignition. Just like the CHP officer who with his family was killed in the Lexus. They're flying down the freeway calling and talking to 911 but don't think to turn off the ignition. Just plain dumb, dumb, dumb.

[Edited on 10-11-2014 by TW]

Skipjack Joe - 10-11-2014 at 02:09 PM

In a situation like that only a very few would think to turn off the ignition.

bajabuddha - 10-11-2014 at 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Are people too stupid to just turn off the ignition. Just like the CHP officer who with his family was killed in the Lexus. They're flying down the freeway calling and talking to 911 but don't think to turn off the ignition. Just plain dumb, dumb, dumb.

Hindsight is always 20/20, TW. We had a saying in Search and Rescue: "When people get lost, they end up getting lost-er". That's why they call it "PANIC".

Man, what i'd give for a trip to Dany's Taquerilla right about now... ;D

PaulW - 10-12-2014 at 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW

[Edited on 10-11-2014 by TW]

===
Turns out the design prevents the push button ignition (no key) from working when the car is in gear and when driving at speed the shiftier is locked. All these problems are solved with brake override, but Toyota did not provide that feature. The late models had the software reprogrammed to add that feature, but the early models had no such capability and are still out there driving around.
Got a Toyota with electric throttle the test your vehicle to see if it has brake over ride. Full throttle then push the brake. If you have brake over ride the engine will return to idle as long and you hold the brake.

woody with a view - 10-12-2014 at 08:17 AM

how about shifting into neutral and let the rpms grenade the motor?

David K - 10-12-2014 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
for the toy toco lovers

I am very excited by this... it means I will get new rear leaf springs! :bounce: