BajaNomad

Punta Chivato info 10/12>

Russ - 10-12-2014 at 06:28 AM

Good morning !
Well, I'm unofficially pronouncing that the season has changed. We've had much cooler morning temps and the seas have been calm, in the morning, for a week and the wind forecasts agree that for at least for the next 5 days there shouldn't be any great wind change. Typically calm mornings and around 11 the wind will build to maybe 12mph by early afternoon. Of course that is in the bay here. Outside the islands and around the corner from the hotel is a whole different story.
The best news is from the water company. They have sent out a notice that the generator will be delivered today and the connection will be worked on to provide water, possibly, by this evening.

David K - 10-12-2014 at 07:12 AM

Sweet AM ;)

Frigatebird - 10-12-2014 at 08:10 AM

I want to drink that horizon.

Russ - 10-12-2014 at 07:05 PM

Bad news --- No water maybe Tue or Wed

chippy - 10-13-2014 at 12:24 PM

Did your water temps. drop also?

Russ - 10-13-2014 at 04:01 PM

GOOD NEWS They pumped water today !!!! Also the propane truck came around to all that wanted it.
El Famoso aka Harry Oxley got two dorado and released another. Said water temp was 85.4º

Russ - 10-14-2014 at 07:28 AM

A bit chile this morning. I am not looking forward to winter.

Hook - 10-14-2014 at 08:40 AM

Russ, have you been there most of the summer? If so, what has the dorado season been like this year?

I have been gone for 2.5 months, but the general consensus is that it was another slow dorado summer this year. Early in the year, size was decent but catching them was hard. Lately, it's been decent numbers of small ones but almost no fish over 15 lbs.

Russ - 10-15-2014 at 05:16 AM

Probably the same here but not many fishermen this summer. Pretty dismal. I sold my panga because I seemed to be just burning gas. Even in my tin boat there were/are days without a strike. Shore fishing is just as bad. Certainly there are fish to be caught I'm just not a good catcher.

Bob and Susan - 10-15-2014 at 05:25 AM

that's me haha not a catcher

everyone I sent out with a panga guy caught dorado
I saw lots of dorado brought in

just not lots of fishermen

we had several storms and that keeps the fishing down

the bay has a whale-shark again...
someone took a pic just a couple of days ago
lots of turtles and dolphin out front

lots of trigger and bass...a lot of bait

just not a lot of boats going out
the dorado will probably be gone when the snowbirds arrive again