Yes, sir

Bob and Susan - 10-12-2014 at 02:33 PM

radio said sept 5th

Bajaboy - 10-12-2014 at 03:44 PM

yes bought some a few weeks ago

Mula - 10-12-2014 at 03:56 PM

Lopez Mateos opened the 7th of Sept.

Ribbonslinger - 12-5-2014 at 08:37 AM

I was going to bring as shrimp trap down with me this year but I read that it is illegal for a non- Mexican to fish for shellfish.

Is that correct?

Russ - 12-5-2014 at 08:55 AM

Yes, that correct.

Ribbonslinger - 12-5-2014 at 10:13 AM

Thanks Russ

Pompano - 12-5-2014 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ribbonslinger  
I was going to bring as shrimp trap down with me this year but I read that it is illegal for a non- Mexican to fish for shellfish.

Is that correct?

Ribbonslinger, about a non-Mexican using a shrimp trap, the advice that it is illegal is correct. But the subject interested me, so here's some info on shrimping and other activities from earlier years. It was not always so clear. Because not many were told or knew the regulations (or paid attention), a lot of non-Mexican visitors to Baja Sur did exactly that a long time ago. It was a little like the laws concerning collecting firewood or gathering some clams...a grey area. When the laws gradually became clear, most shrimp traps were given away or became a momento to be hung in the rafters...

Of course, back then, a Playboy or Hustler magazine would get you 5 gallons of jumbo shrimp directly from a shrimp boat anchored in front of your house, so why bother?

And... we all know that illegal clamming is a thing of the past. :rolleyes:

Ribbonslinger - 12-5-2014 at 02:07 PM

Sounds like I missed the Baja glory days.

Pompano - 12-5-2014 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ribbonslinger  
Sounds like I missed the Baja glory days.

We will all miss those old glory days, but never fear, Ribbonslinger, you'll have plenty of your own in the years ahead.

Hint...take lots of photos and....Keep a diary!

ligui - 12-5-2014 at 05:13 PM

Last time i traded a playboy mag. for shrimp it was a couple pounds for a mag .

Brought them down just for that . :bounce:

Got some great fresh wild shrimp . yum yum .

about 8 yrs ago . Wonder how many a pound now . They wouldn't take pesos .

Pompano - 12-5-2014 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
Last time i traded a playboy mag. for shrimp it was a couple pounds for a mag .

Brought them down just for that . :bounce:

Got some great fresh wild shrimp . yum yum .

about 8 yrs ago . Wonder how many a pound now . They wouldn't take pesos .

Hah...you made me realize that my last time trading Playboys for shrimp was a long, long time ago.

I'm sure that whomever the Playmate of the Month was in that last issue, that she'd be collecting Social Security today. ;)

shari - 12-6-2014 at 07:44 AM

there have been many shrimp boats working every night for a few weeks now about 10 miles off Asuncion..up to 8-10 of them. Town is full of shrimp as they trade for cigarettes, panga rides for groceries etc.