BajaNomad

Travel Hotel Recommendation Edge of La Paz

joel - 10-12-2014 at 10:12 PM

Can anyone recommend a hotel on the north side of La Paz? I'm just driving north on the 1 and want some place that is secure and clear and isn't going to take me a long way off the highway.

The only places I've stayed in La Paz are near the malecon and it will take too long to drive out of town in morning traffic.

It's a bummer that there aren't any hotels on the 1 between La Paz and Constitucion.... I've heard good things about the Oasis in Constitucion, but don't think I can make it that far before dark.

AKgringo - 10-13-2014 at 07:39 AM

I wish I could be more helpful with the name and an actual review, but there is a motel lust west of the turn off to the airport and well before Centennario.
I have not stayed there, but I sometimes eat at their restaurant, and the place seems well managed, and secure.
If you are traveling during the 1000, it may be full since it is only a couple of miles from the finish line. I stay a couple of miles down the road at Campestre Maranatha, an R.V. and camper spot. They also have a couple of furnished rooms, and are great people there, but I would call ahead to check for a vacancy. (612) 124 62 75

Desertbull - 10-13-2014 at 08:22 AM

Paradise Hotel on the left just before the bridge...great restraurant, pool, rooms are great...I have taken many large groups here for overnight coming into La Paz and always a great experience.

http://www.hotelesparadise.com/lapaz.html

El Jefe - 10-13-2014 at 08:34 AM

Second vote for Paradise Hotel. You are headed northbound. So it will be on your right side, the bay side of the road just after you go past the turnoff bridge to the airport. On the main hwy along the bay where the nine topes slow you down. If you are just passing through and don't want to walk on the malecon etc. this is the place. Clean, modern, and fair price.

[Edited on 10-13-2014 by El Jefe]

Heather - 10-13-2014 at 11:32 AM

We've stayed at Hotel Oasis in La Paz. It is out near the airport on the main road. Cheap prices, fun pools, and peac-cks to wake you up!

AKgringo - 10-13-2014 at 03:41 PM

The Paradise is the name I couldn't remember. As I said before, I haven't stayed there, but would look there first if Maranatha did not have room for me.

Justbozo - 10-13-2014 at 10:05 PM

Paradise is the place.
Very nice as stated. Great place for a stop over with their own restaurant, Pemex and Oxxo next door.
My only suggestion is the King beds are MUCH firmer than the Queens.

BajaRun - 10-14-2014 at 07:55 AM

Oasis for our Race Team