BajaNomad

Cabo Costco

Marie-Rose - 10-16-2014 at 06:26 PM

Apparently earlier opening date announced. Oct.29th.

Maron - 10-16-2014 at 09:13 PM

Where?? Near Walmart?

thanks for the info

pacsur - 10-17-2014 at 03:34 AM

I was also told oct 29 when I called, but additionally was told no electronics would be available for sale.

oxxo - 10-17-2014 at 12:57 PM

Big sign in Spanish at San Lucas Costco says, "We are opening October 29, 8am" I bet their cash registers will be smokin' for the first week!

Hook - 10-17-2014 at 04:18 PM

Did Costco get looted, too?

nobaddays - 10-17-2014 at 04:39 PM

Looted BAD

Bajahowodd - 10-17-2014 at 04:53 PM

It's not really near the Walmart, farther out of town, right near the Pemex on the four lane.

oxxo - 10-17-2014 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Did Costco get looted, too?

Yes and no. I know some local gringos who were part of the initial "looters." Costco opened their doors and invited people in to help themselves to whatever food they wanted - one cart full. The entry was controlled by armed military and groups were let in a few at a time. Then the food ran out and the throng outside became unruly. They were overwhelming the few soldiers that were there and started forcing their way inside and taking TV's, household goods, etc. The soldiers asked Costco management if they wanted them to start shooting people. Costco said no, let them empty the store........which they did. The end result was a Costco that was trashed inside. Even the bread making machine was unbolted from the floor and removed. Some of the "looters" were uniformed San Lucas municipal police (the GG has pictures in their current edition). The military and Federales did a wonderful job here. The municipal police? you be the judge.

Kudos to Costco for their "contribution" to the local economy!

Maron - 10-17-2014 at 10:33 PM

bajahowodd

thanks for the info and feedback