BajaNomad

Thar she blows!

BajaBlanca - 10-31-2014 at 05:56 PM

The whales have started their migration quite early this year! We could see them breaching for hours this afternoon. This is a long shot, pardon the pun, but the whales are just to the right of the osprey nest.

PLEASE POST YOUR FAVORITE WHALE PHOTO. I bet there are some beauties out there.

[Edited on 11-1-2014 by BajaBlanca]

DianaT - 10-31-2014 at 06:10 PM

Missed San Ignacio last year --- hope to make it this year again!

Definitely my favorite --- it was a very interesting day.

Pompano - 10-31-2014 at 06:31 PM

Hmmm....I believe I have a photo somewhere with that title..."Thar she blows". Rings a bell.....I'll hunt around for it.

shari - 10-31-2014 at 06:34 PM

If they were breaching alot, they were probably humpbacks as Juan has seen them out fishing too...they are around these parts this time of year eating langostinas....still real early for grays...but maybe.

well in the name of sexual equality...here is a photo of a gray whale vagina:o
the breasts are located on either side of the slit...all in a nice tight package eh.

and another one!

I have dozens of favorite whale photos but this was one of my favorite baby whale friends...her name is Lipstick named for the her white lips and she was very very sweet.

Just a heads up for those of you wanting to come on a whale trip with us next season...some trips are already full so book in advance if you know your dates! more info at www.whalemagictours.com

[Edited on 11-1-2014 by shari]

DianaT - 10-31-2014 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Hmmm....I believe I have a photo somewhere with that title..."Thar she blows". Rings a bell.....I'll hunt around for it.

Yes, you do! And it is a good one! :lol:

Pompano - 11-1-2014 at 01:04 PM

SOME FAVORITE WHALES OF THE SOC.

When out fishing whale spouts are a common sight. This was near Pt. Conception.

These next two are not really whales, but I like them anyway.
This is a very large type of porpoise. Photo is by an amigo from San Lucas Cove and taken near San Marcos Island.

I knew I had some photo entitled 'Thar She Blows!' somewhere in my files, but at first a title search turned up some rather awkward choices for this family forum. Then I found the right one.…under Oddities. Go figure.

THAR SHE BLOWS!

wetto - 11-1-2014 at 03:51 PM

Pompano,
Your posts and photography are just great. You "crack" me up.

Pappy Jon - 11-2-2014 at 07:21 AM

Ahhh, the very common, though elusive, rosy-bottomed skinny dipper.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

[Edited on 11-2-2014 by Pappy Jon]