BajaNomad

Worse day in history for La Paz shooting deaths

rts551 - 11-1-2014 at 11:56 AM

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/la-paz-vive-uno-de-los-dias-mas-vi...

bacquito - 11-1-2014 at 12:37 PM

frightening!

mtgoat666 - 11-1-2014 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
frightening!

The town needs some good old fashioned street justice. Cops should simply kill all the cartel guys in one day, take them all out at once, and tell their families to get out of town and don't come back.

DENNIS - 11-1-2014 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
The town needs some good old fashioned street justice. Cops should simply kill all the cartel guys in one day, take them all out at once, and tell their families to get out of town and don't come back.

Yeah...I can see it now. A thousand cops standing around shooting each other.
What fun.

monoloco - 11-1-2014 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

What fun.
Well, since most of the cops work for the cartels, it might be a good start to cleaning up the problem. Then, they can go after the politicians.

mtgoat666 - 11-1-2014 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Quote:

What fun.
Well, since most of the cops work for the cartels, it might be a good start to cleaning up the problem. Then, they can go after the politicians.

What the townspeople need is The Magnificent Seven. Or the US Army 7th Calvary Regiment, eh?

bajaguy - 11-1-2014 at 01:25 PM

Neither one ended up on the plus side

Quote:

What the townspeople need is The Magnificent Seven. Or the US Army 7th Calvary Regiment, eh?

Hook - 11-1-2014 at 01:35 PM

What happened to the elite National Gendarme? I thought they were for situations where you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys................which seems to be the case, here.

Time for a name change for La Paz to La Guerra?

willardguy - 11-1-2014 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What fun.

Garryowen, Yul Brynner and Joe Strummer! I like it!:yes:

[Edited on 11-1-2014 by willardguy]

DocRey - 11-1-2014 at 02:07 PM

"Autodefensas La Paz time?

DENNIS - 11-1-2014 at 02:37 PM

Quote:

Well, since most of the cops work for the cartels,

Pretty much my point.

Brennan - 11-1-2014 at 04:09 PM

Whhhhaaaat?!! What happened to Baja Sur being safe and quiet? Here I thought I just had to get south of El Rosario, then I could breathe.

This news gives me serious pause, just 36 hours before I depart on my solo camping trek.

B

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551

monoloco - 11-1-2014 at 04:32 PM

Ahorra, dos mas o, dos menos:

http://nblo.gs/115fgj

DianaT - 11-1-2014 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:

What fun.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay, not funny --- but it made me laugh.

motoged - 11-1-2014 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brennan
....This news gives me serious pause, just 36 hours before I depart on my solo camping trek....

Brennan,

They aren't gunning for you. You indicated you would be camping....just be smart about that in regards to where....there haven't been recent incidents of tourists being shot in Baja recently to my knowledge.

Have a good adventure :saint:

woody with a view - 11-1-2014 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Whhhhaaaat?!! What happened to Baja Sur being safe and quiet? Here I thought I just had to get south of El Rosario, then I could breathe.

This news gives me serious pause, just 36 hours before I depart on my solo camping trek.
B
Quote:

don't worry, everyone knows you only need to make it past Rosarito and then you can exhale!

bacquito - 11-1-2014 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:

What fun.

:lol::lol:

monoloco - 11-1-2014 at 08:08 PM

This is the most concise article about what's going on, that I've found:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2014/10/damaso-vs-chapo-isidro...

AKgringo - 11-1-2014 at 08:11 PM

Four murdered and one discovered body in one day, and it is referred to as 'historic'. There are many cities in the US where this would be referred to as 'Friday'
I am in La Paz right now, and I don't feel threatened.

dtbushpilot - 11-1-2014 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:

B
Quote:

don't worry, everyone knows you only need to make it past Rosarito and then you can exhale!

I exhale but I hold it in as long as I can :lol::lol::lol:

paul r - 11-1-2014 at 08:22 PM

I'd keep all your bling down dude... your a target!!!!

tecatero - 11-2-2014 at 05:40 AM

Its says the three that were executed , their primary job was stealing cars for "00", El Rene............not good. I think we all have avoided the violence for 10 years in Baja Sur might be coming to end..........Damn Sinaloa trying to take over, really not good. Mex gov probably won't step it up until something happens in Los Cabos.

chuckie - 11-2-2014 at 05:46 AM

Seems as if the negatives are piling up, rising crime, the storms, increasing costs....

mariposajim - 11-2-2014 at 08:06 AM

I have been traveling to Baja for 55 years (over 200 trips) or so and spent last winter in Loreto, La Paz, Las Barriles, and other BCS locales. My wife and I spent last year in BCS to determine whether or not we would retire "down south." Since my childhood, I have had a dream of spending my retirement in BCS. Not now, however, and particularly after I received recent news from my longtime Mexican friend. My friend is a retired businessman, and his great grandfather, grandfather, father and entire family were born and raised in La Paz and Santiago.

My longtime Mexican friend just emailed me to inform me that he and his entire family are planning to move from La Paz due to the violence. When we visited my friend's home, I couldn't believe the security precautions he had made in just one year. He stated that he would do more if he could afford it. The final straw was when his two sons who own small businesses (car repair shop and building supply store) in La Paz were "shaken down" violently and brazenly in broad daylight.

For those that would attack me for speaking honestly, I too am very saddened by this news. I have loved Baja since I read "The Sea of Cortez" as a child. It is not the same Baja as in the past.

DENNIS - 11-2-2014 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mariposajim
For those that would attack me for speaking honestly,

That had better not happen here. We don't often tolerate the Chamber of Commerce white-wash.

Alan - 11-2-2014 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tecatero
Mex gov probably won't step it up until something happens in Los Cabos.
It looks to me like the Mex govt is already all over this. I arrived about 3 weeks ago and the town has been crawling with Policia Federale the whole time. They have been everywhere, patrolling the town in vehicles and walking beats along the malecon.

basautter - 11-2-2014 at 11:12 AM

La Paz was on my bucket list, but not anymore....

DianaT - 11-2-2014 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That had better not happen here. We don't often tolerate the Chamber of Commerce white-wash.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

gnukid - 11-2-2014 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Quote:
It looks to me like the Mex govt is already all over this. I arrived about 3 weeks ago and the town has been crawling with Policia Federale the whole time. They have been everywhere, patrolling the town in vehicles and walking beats along the malecon.

Feds arrive, increase in shootings occur, not one arrested, no connection?

Alan - 11-2-2014 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Quote:

Feds arrive, increase in shootings occur, not one arrested, no connection?
I'm guessing the feds know better than to haul narcos before corrupt judges. No appeals :lol:

DENNIS - 11-2-2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Quote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK. I don't. I'll speak for myself.

latina - 11-2-2014 at 12:57 PM

Quote:

Add 4 more yesterday....one on the highway to Los Planes and 3 more in a gunfight up the street from Rancho Viejo in El Centro...all this and not one word from the governor or the mayor...?????

monoloco - 11-2-2014 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
Quote:

Add 4 more yesterday....one on the highway to Los Planes and 3 more in a gunfight up the street from Rancho Viejo in El Centro...all this and not one word from the governor or the mayor...?????
It's probably better that keep their mouths closed, if they did say something it would most likely be a bunch of lies anyway.

DENNIS - 11-2-2014 at 02:39 PM

Nothing like adding a body count to a city's resume to encourage investment.

La Paz problems???

bajaguy - 11-2-2014 at 07:54 PM

Move along, folks. Just cleaning house, nothing to see here.

three bee

EdZeranski - 11-4-2014 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Neither one ended up on the plus side

Quote:

Tres Amigos!!

luv2fish - 11-4-2014 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Its says the three that were executed , their primary job was stealing cars for "00", El Rene............not good.

These animals made a video of the execution.

http://octavodia.mx/articulo/55831/quotplaneabamos-secuestro...

monoloco - 11-7-2014 at 05:47 PM

The police arrested 4 Sinaloa narcos with 9mm pistols in La Paz at the end of August, but the PGR promptly let them go.

http://nblo.gs/11d0CS

I wonder if they gave them their guns back?

The corrupt government is the main problem here.

[Edited on 11-8-2014 by monoloco]

Petey - 11-7-2014 at 08:31 PM

Quote:
The police arrested 4 Sinaloa narcos with 9mm pistols in La Paz at the end of August, but the PGR promptly let them go.

http://nblo.gs/11d0CS

I wonder if they gave them their guns back?

The corrupt government is the main problem here.

[Edited on 11-8-2014 by monoloco]

They just caught two of them again-with 9mms.

In other news another murder in Pescadero this afternoon.

Good thing the head of the gendarmerie made the news this week by announcing it was totally within their wheelhouse to stop any anti-mining activity -including peaceful protests. I guess the feds are just too busy to get around to squashing this cartel dispute.

Lobsterman - 11-8-2014 at 07:53 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/06/marine-andrew-tahmoores...

Same crime in Mexico for a mentally handicapped American gets entirely different results.

A former engineering college of mine just closed her construction business in La Paz 2 months ago and high tailed it back across the border with a lot less than she came with 5 years ago. Similar story to the Mexican family above. Shake down and "who are the good and/or bad guys????".

[Edited on 11-8-2014 by Lobsterman]

rts551 - 11-8-2014 at 08:28 AM

2 federal cars crashed into each other yesterday chasing narco in grey car.. narco was armed and knew all the in and outs of where to drive.

monoloco - 11-8-2014 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman

Same crime in Mexico for a mentally handicapped American gets entirely different results.

[Edited on 11-8-2014 by Lobsterman]
Unfortunately, the mentally handicapped marine didn't own any Mexican politicians.

mtgoat666 - 11-8-2014 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman

the evidence indicated the marine knowingly entered mexico with loaded weapons. he had a hotel room in TJ. he was not a newbie to mexico. mexico acted properly to arrest and investigate. he should probably still be serving time in mexico. his story about mistakenly entering mexico is not credible.
the only govt failing here is the USA state governments that have such poor gun control laws that this whack job was allowed to purchase weapons in USA.
he is poster child example of why we need gun control in USA!
the mentally ill should not be buying weapons and driving around loaded!