BajaNomad

Over to the Santa Rosalia tile shop one day

BajaBlanca - 11-1-2014 at 07:08 PM

AS YOU LEAVE LA BOCANA AND ENTER PUNTA ABREOJOS, THE FIRST BIG BUILDING YOU SEE IS THEIR NEW SALON SOCIAL (TOWN HALL) IT IS VERY BEAUTIFUL.

AFTER LEAVING ABRE-THE NEXT PART IS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD:

PUNTA ABREOJOS AND LA BOCANA HAD NO RAIN FROM THE HURRICANES NORBERT AND ODILE BUT THE DESERT SURE DID:

DRIVERS WILL FIND TWO OF THESE SAND COVERED AREAS CLOSE TO CAMPO RENE EXITS - REMNANTS OF HURRICANE DAMAGES:

ONCE IN SANTA ROSALIA YOU HEAD UP THE ROAD NEXT TO THE CHURCH AND BEAR RIGHT UNTIL YOU SEE THE HUGE COPPEL STORE. THE TILE STORE IS THE STORE RIGHT BEFORE IT.

INSIDE THE STORE:

TILES TILES TILES:

THIS NEW COPPEL STORE IS RIGHT NEXT TO IT:

SOON IT WILL BE EVEN EASIER TO FIND AS THEY ARE BUILDING A HUGE SUPERMARKET AND SURELY THERE WILL BE SIGNS FOR IT FROM THE MAIN ROAD:

WE GOT ALL OUR TILE FOR THE NEW JACUZZI AND IT LOOKS AWESOME. BRING ON THE COLD WEATHER POR FAVOR!

Maron - 11-1-2014 at 09:35 PM

neat report and info

thks

Whale-ista - 11-2-2014 at 02:27 AM

lots of beautiful choices. Be sure to send us photos of the Final project.

tecatero - 11-2-2014 at 04:50 AM

Just curious, did you happen to get any prices ??

12" x 12" saltillo
4" x 4" talavera

I know in Loreto they are very expensive vs. pricing in La Paz, or Ebay,,,,,,,,,,,,just curious

Bob and Susan - 11-2-2014 at 05:35 AM

the grocery store is supposed to be a "super ley"

Ribbonslinger - 11-2-2014 at 07:31 AM

Just to confirm this Coppel store is not the location it was in last March?

The old location was tricky to find with tight parking and had meth heads trying to bum money off you.

Pescador - 11-2-2014 at 08:03 AM

And you missed the best of all. There is a new Sushi restaurant across the street and a little north of Roman Pisos Y Acabos that is absolutely wonderful. When the Super Ley opens that part of town will be really busy. They are going to have underground parking.

Coppel is in the same place as always and never have I seen anyone panhandling there. Must be your "aura" Ribbonslinger.

BajaBlanca - 11-2-2014 at 05:17 PM

we missed the sushi ???!!! now we know.

I did not get any prices .... sorry. We will be in santa rosalia again this Wed and if we have extra time, I will try to stop by for you.

we have never seen panhandlers either, but we are usually in and out fast.

the super ley is going to be bigger than any other is what we were told. Santa Rosalia is really experiencing a boom with El Boleo.

Pompano - 11-2-2014 at 05:36 PM

Thanks, Blanca.

I'm thinking we bought some house tile there..or maybe it's cousin?...about 10 years ago. But the memory banks are foggy and I can't be sure. Sure looks familiar and we were very satisfied with quality and price.

Ribbonslinger - 11-2-2014 at 07:50 PM

There was at least 12 junkies with no teeth. It was a real drag. They would not let my wife out of the truck. I was surprised they allowed it to happen in front of the store. Maybe they have got them to move along.

Bob and Susan - 11-3-2014 at 06:20 AM

I've been there a handful of times...no problems in the parking lot...
there are employees in the lot and one that opens the door

i'm not say'n stuff like that doesn't happen but it not the norm in that lot

the hardware store next door has been there a long time too

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2014 at 03:06 PM

So, the current project is to put these up by the front door of our house:

THESE WERE OUR OTHER CHOICES:

THE FIRST PART - SETTING THE LOCATION UP:

I ALSO GOT THE PRICES OF THE TALAVERA TILES:

PLAIN 13.50 PESOS EACH
DESIGNED 20 PESOS EACH

SALTILLO 204 PER METER

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2014 at 03:08 PM

and the last project was adding this Jacuzzi in the sunroom - it came out so beautiful and we are just waiting for the COLD to get here!

Ribbonslinger - 11-10-2014 at 04:38 PM

Nice job, looks great.

Do they sell tile murals there?