BajaNomad

Sentri car pass

Maron - 11-4-2014 at 08:43 AM

When my wife and I applied for our Sentri passes, I neglected to apply for our car. We now have our passes in hand and have an appointment for the car inspection. Can any of you give us some insight regarding when the car will be able to use the Sentri lane. When we had the interview to get our passes, they were not "officially" approved until about 5 weeks after the interview. It is our hope that once the inspection is completed, we will be good to go. Any thoughts appreciated.

Ron and Mary Ann

bajaguy - 11-4-2014 at 08:51 AM

Since they don't use the SENTRI window stickers anymore, I would think you are good to go after the vehicle inspection. You might want to ask the CBP person who inspects your vehicle

SlyOnce - 11-4-2014 at 08:52 AM

Make sure you have all your paperwork in order - registration, Driver's license, and US car insurance. I would go with a clean car with minimal stuff inside. They will inspect the car carefully.

When I got mine I got the window sticker and I was good to cross right away.

Now, there is no sticker.

BooJumMan - 11-4-2014 at 09:20 AM

They aren't giving window stickers anymore. Even when they were, once it was inspected you were good to go instantly.

I got a car inspected last month. Wait was about 30 mins. They call you up like usual, the guy asks you a question maybe, then tells you to pull the car around to the front. (Park in normal lot when you're waiting).

Make sure you have FRONT license plate and NO FRONT WINDOW TINT. The lady I got last time literally didn't even look at my car. She just signed it off and said I was good to go. I asked..."Do I get a sticker, or any receipt showing I'm good or anything?" And her lovely reply was... "We haven't been giving out stickers for 2 years and we aren't going to start today." I gave her the finger in my head and carried on.

bajaguy - 11-4-2014 at 09:25 AM

Just be glad she didn't take the "Jaws Of Life" to your car looking for that secret compartment

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
They aren't giving window stickers anymore. Even when they were, once it was inspected you were good to go instantly.

I got a car inspected last month. Wait was about 30 mins. They call you up like usual, the guy asks you a question maybe, then tells you to pull the car around to the front. (Park in normal lot when you're waiting).

Make sure you have FRONT license plate and NO FRONT WINDOW TINT. The lady I got last time literally didn't even look at my car. She just signed it off and said I was good to go. I asked..."Do I get a sticker, or any receipt showing I'm good or anything?" And her lovely reply was... "We haven't been giving out stickers for 2 years and we aren't going to start today." I gave her the finger in my head and carried on.

carlosg - 11-4-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
When my wife and I applied for our Sentri passes, I neglected to apply for our car. We now have our passes in hand and have an appointment for the car inspection. Can any of you give us some insight regarding when the car will be able to use the Sentri lane. When we had the interview to get our passes, they were not "officially" approved until about 5 weeks after the interview. It is our hope that once the inspection is completed, we will be good to go. Any thoughts appreciated.

Ron and Mary Ann

Make sure NO cracked windshield, or else... no pass

rayfornario - 11-4-2014 at 01:01 PM

Quote:
quote]Originally posted by Maron

Ron and Mary Ann

When I went to get my car inspected after my renewal; the CBP wanted me to remove the tint from my side windows. It wasn't dark and I thought it was factory tint. He gave me a razor blade to take it off but I refused to. Needless to say my vehicle wasn't inspected. The funny thing is that this is the same car that was good to go the first time around and passed!:(

BajaGeoff - 11-4-2014 at 01:09 PM

My wife got her car inspected on a Thursday and headed to Baja on Friday. No problems...

Maron - 11-4-2014 at 01:48 PM

Many thanks for all the good info.

Ron and Mary Ann