BajaNomad

Tecate-Mulege Trip Report

CarlosAK - 11-4-2014 at 10:48 AM

Day 1
Crossed the border in Tecate at 6:30 am Wednesday Oct 29. Had prepaid my tourist permit through Discover Baja (love being able to drop in, get my auto insurance, tourist permit and fishing license in one stop). All vehicles were sent to secondary. I had some tyvek strapped to the truck and material to replace my roof in the pickup bed. No problem, no duty. Stop including getting my tourist permit and passport stamped took less than15 minutes.
Quite a bit of road repair coming out of Tecate, routed through quickly though. Some road repair between Ensenada and San Quintin. Ran down to Guerrero Negro in 10 hours. 3 Military checkpoints and I was basically waved through. Stayed at the new TerraSal hotel in Guerrero Negro. And yes, I did tell them Shari sent me. Nice stay, nice hotel still under construction, pet friendly, convenient spot and good table fare at the restaurant.
Day 2
Left Guerrero Negro at 7:30 am. Rice and Beans for breakfast in San Ignacio about 9:30 am. Stopped in to see Gary and Terri. They were still mucking out. Terri is looking pretty tired. Arrived at mi Casa on Playa El Burro about 12:30.
Good trip, road not any worse than any other trip.

[Edited on 11-4-2014 by CarlosAK]