BajaNomad

NEED GOOD POTTING SOIL? head to san ignacio

BajaBlanca - 11-6-2014 at 09:38 PM

Well, every dark half empty glass story has to have a silver lining.

The Ignacio Springs Inn B&B was hit very hard by Hurricane Odile recently. Their yurts were all destroyed and a more than 8 foot wall of water plowed right thru their B&B.

We decided to go and help them out a bit for 2 weekends. The good part is that there is a ton of very rich soil that can be had for the asking, for free! We got two truckloads and I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY:

THIS IS WHAT A WALL OF WATER CAN DO:

THIS IS YOURS TRULY WASHING DOWN WALLS SO THEY CAN BE REPAINTED:

THIS IS ONE OF LES'S WORKERS THAT I PAID TO COME AND HELP OUT TERRI AND GARY THE TWO WEEKENDS WE ALL WENT:

TERRI AT THE END WITH HER WONDERFUL FRIENDS FROM BAHIA ASUNCION AND CABO PULMO AT THE TABLE WHERE WE WERE TREATED TO SOME DELICIOUS BURRITOS:

SO, MORAL OF THE STORY IS THEY NEED EXTRA HELPING HANDS IF YOU HAVE THE URGE. AND ALSO, THERE IS AS MUCH POTTING SOIL AS YOU CAN HAUL AWAY. NOW IT IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL AND HAS TO BE WHEELBARROWED OUT ,BUT IT IS FREE!

MORE PICS LATER OF THE FUN WE HAD.

Udo - 11-7-2014 at 02:31 PM

Great cause Blanca!

Udo - 11-7-2014 at 05:29 PM

Hola Blanca!

Would you mind posting other photos of the San Ignacio area?

The only thing posted on this forum is the river torrent in a two minute video. We have no idea how the town fared, as well as all the businesses near the whale bones at the town's entrance.

Thanks!

BajaBlanca - 11-10-2014 at 10:11 AM

Udo, the town looks great now and really, the only sign of hurricane damage is the downed trees and date palm branches the locals are being paid to pile up on the sides of the road.

the stadium as you come into town was destroyed and one of the houses closest to the main square was also destroyed.

I don't think we got any photos but I will go back and double check. In the meantime, I found these from the treks we took to helpout:

THIS IS FEATHERS WHO SPENT HOURS POWER WASHING EVERYTHING:

THIS IS BRUCE FROM CANADA WHO GOT MEGA BLISTERS AFER HE SHOVELED THE PRECIOUS SOIL TO MAKE THE AREA FLAT SO THAT EVENTUALLY SHELLS CAN BE SPREAD:

THIS IS ALL OF US AFTER A VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY:

AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I CANT REMEMBER WHAT WE WERE LAUGHING AT!
LES TOOK THE PHOTO AND HE IS ALWAYS CRACKING JOKES:

REMEMBER, THEY CAN ALWAYS USE A HELPING HAND AND IF YOU WANT THE RICHEST POTTING SOIL AROUND,VISIT THEM AND LITERALLY TAKE A LOAD OFF THEIR LOT!