BajaNomad

Getting glasses in Santa Rosalia

BajaBlanca - 11-6-2014 at 10:39 PM

A couple weeks ago I went to an eye doctor in Santa Rosalia ... we get to chatting and I asked her about checking the eyes of the students I am mentoring to go to college. Oh yes, she says, I can help you with that. How much will you charge? I will do it for free! Music to my ears, all but one have gone for testing and 5 need glasses.

So, if you happen to be in Santa Rosalia, visit Doc Concepcion Elizondo. She speaks passable English and she is really a HOOT! Even if you aren't in the market for glasses, take her a piece of something you baked and say thanks!

check out this pic I took of her and 2 of the girls we took over yesterday:

As you can see, her office is spotless, she has an amazing selection of glasses and I should have taken a pic of them.

HERE IS THE BUILDING - IT IS LOCATED RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE EL BOLEO BAKERY - ON THE CORNER. SHE HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS ALMOST 40 YEARS RIGHT ON THIS CORNER.

THE BEST NEWS IS THAT OUR EYE DOC FROM SAN DIEGO IS PROVIDING ALL THE GLASSES FOR FREE. AM I LUCKY OR WHAT?!

[Edited on 11-7-2014 by BajaBlanca]

Maron - 11-7-2014 at 08:44 AM

Luck has nothing to do it, you are a GREAT person. KARMA has a way of finding the good ones.

woody with a view - 11-7-2014 at 08:56 AM

yep, good for you Blanca. and good for the kids too!