BajaNomad

SY (n/b) crossing times increasing???

bajalearner - 11-11-2014 at 08:57 PM

We've been talking about how fast the SY US border has been for the last several weeks and some have said "I hope it lasts". Well, I must say, I wondering if it is going back to long wait times...

This evening at 715, Sentri was an hour and it looked like the other lanes where worse.

A guy told me last Sunday, the "other traffic lanes" took him 3 hours to cross.

I guess CBP must be closing many of the booths, causing the crossing time to increase.

Was it too good to be true???

BornFisher - 11-11-2014 at 09:43 PM

You`re talking Veterans Day today, and last Sunday. I crossed last Sunday, San Ysidro, 8:30 AM, Ready lanes----- 13 minutes. It`s all in the timing, but some HUGE holes have opened up. Like any week day after 10AM.
Have to say it again---- a Border Forum on this board would be a welcomed addition!!

WhackAMolE - 11-12-2014 at 06:20 PM

Yesterday 11/11 at 10:45am the S.Y. Ready lane was backed up to the underpass with the painted whales. That's longer than it's been lately. But the line moved fast. I was through in 15 minutes.

It figures that a lot of the Otay and Tecate traffic is coming over to S.Y. now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the crossing times increase. Anyway the vendors have to make a living. It was nice to see a few of them out there again.

I did something funny (and dumb) on the way out. As I cleared customs I veered left to get to the exit lanes on the far left; and suddenly I realized I'd gotten on line to get to Secondary!

I most definitely had an OH chit moment, figuring I'd get the full treatment just for being there. Especially for wandering in by mistake. But I saw an agent notice that there was no marker on my hood, so I leaned out the window, put on my best dumb-tourist demeanor, and said "Oh am I in the wrong lane?" and he moved the orange cones to let me out.

[Edited on 11-13-2014 by WhackAMolE]