BajaNomad

OOOPS! MicroSoft users alert.

Cisco - 11-12-2014 at 02:48 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30019976

Ateo - 11-12-2014 at 04:37 PM

Once you go Mac you never go back. Hahahaaha. Sorry to hijack but you knew it was coming. I just wanted to be the first.....thanks Cisco.

Cisco - 11-12-2014 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Once you go Mac you never go back. Hahahaaha. Sorry to hijack but you knew it was coming. I just wanted to be the first.....thanks Cisco.

I have never had anything but a MAC Jon. Can't afford anything else when you do the add-on's, maintenance, longevity,...

I am typing this on a 2001 Powerbook G4 that has not had a problem all it's life, that's worth something.

I cannot now though do a lot of things because the industry has outrun the 10.4.11 system so I am going for a cheap 13" Air to carry around with me and a 27" retina desktop for when 110v is available.

on edit: If anyone has an older MAC and wish to keep it going well, even converting to new programs, get into TenFourFox7450. Fascinating stuff you can do all by your own self and have fun in there.

Also, Jon. I am a Pelican Case freak with my lifestyle and they make a Pelican Case with cut-outs just for that 27" machine. Can carry the whole lash up in the van and plug in (110v) when possible, all protected.

THEN I will be able to post pictures and really drive-em nutz over on OT.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by Cisco]

Russ - 11-12-2014 at 05:11 PM

Cisco, You haven't had to buy a new battery? I have an Air and just lost the "k" and "l" keys. Have to use the wireless keyboard for my iMac now.

Cisco - 11-12-2014 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Cisco, You haven't had to buy a new battery? I have an Air and just lost the "k" and "l" keys. Have to use the wireless keyboard for my iMac now.

Yes I did Russ. Forgot about that, so long ago. I think two actually.

Losing keyboard is scary for me, will have to research and see if that's common as it will be with me and primary most of the time and I don't want to haul the keyboard for the other machine around.

A geek friend of mine when I asked her about what I should get for either unit was emphatic about an extended warranty. Nothing more required other than programs I want.

I don't know whether I am just fortunate with the machines or what but several years ago I took this one in and the "Genius" installed iWork for me and I find I use iPages all the time now. He was surprized at the condition of the machine and said they usually break at the lid hinge place but this on (15" Titanium) and another (13" G4) are doing fine.

If it were not for the fact that so many programs have outrun it then both machines would be fine. If I had a post 2006 machine I could upgrade but not these.

Eg: Firefox tells me on screen when I sign in that I can't run Firefox, or that I must upgrade but then tells me I cannot upgrade a 10.4 but then it runs so all O.K. but cannot run video of newscasts...

I am still messing with TenFourFox which does not want me to run Java or Flash (no flash drive also which inhibits my work) but offers other great things so I will keep these older machines and mess with them also.

Oh, check out "Rain Design" also. In SF I believe. I have some of their laptop stands and use them for gifts also. Great products, worth every cent.

Bajahowodd - 11-12-2014 at 05:47 PM

So comforting to know it only took them 19 years.:lol::lol::lol::lol: