BajaNomad

One man's incredible Life Journey

BajaBlanca - 11-16-2014 at 04:56 PM

I just got this article today and thought about how inspiring it is. I do hope the link works:

http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-life/general-information/baj...

However, I also read this today, which made me angry when I read it but even angrier now that I know the background.

WARNING to all moored boat owners. Early morning on the 13th, the "En Caliente" was broken into and completely cleaned out. 24 Rods and reels, all tackle, extra boat parts, DVD player, radios, stereo system, everything absolutely everything. So far over $15,000 and still counting. So be vigilant, try to check your boat at night. They were very sneaky. bajalarry@sbcglobal.net

[Edited on 11-17-2014 by BajaBlanca]

DENNIS - 11-17-2014 at 07:25 AM

What a terrible shame.

cruise control

captkw - 11-17-2014 at 08:32 AM

So Sorry but,,,only a fool would drive that road on C.C. and a bus drives him off the road ??? don't think it went down that way !!

dtbushpilot - 11-17-2014 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
So Sorry but,,,only a fool would drive that road on C.C. and a bus drives him off the road ??? don't think it went down that way !!

Well, it's the same story Larry told me so I'm going to guess it's true. Go fix someone's Livingston cappy....

dt

captkw - 11-17-2014 at 09:02 AM

whatever !! btw Livingstons done ever need work !! as a longtime driver of that road since 1977 I have spent time with the bus drivers and they are fast,large and good drivers..Yes sometimes scary but have never,,ever heard one driving someone off the road...and if your not paying attention they can come up on you rather fast...till someone can prove that this guy didn't screw up...its easy to blame a bus driver...get a grip!!

dtbushpilot - 11-17-2014 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
whatever !! btw Livingstons done ever need work !! as a longtime driver of that road since 1977 I have spent time with the bus drivers and they are fast,large and good drivers..Yes sometimes scary but have never,,ever heard one driving someone off the road...and if your not paying attention they can come up on you rather fast...till someone can prove that this guy didn't screw up...its easy to blame a bus driver...get a grip!!

"get a grip"? really? Accidents happen all the time on highway 1 cappy, yes, sometimes even the great bus drivers are involved. Check out the large array of monuments some time on a curve south of Miraflores where a bus driver passing a truck in an unsafe manner hit another bus head on. I forget the body count but it was significant.

busses

captkw - 11-17-2014 at 09:41 AM

I do remember a disgrunded bus driver hitting another bus head on a few years back...that really sucked imo.....anyhow..most folks take driving like blowing there nose.....you really need to pay attention and btw I follow roads..(IFR)

dtbushpilot - 11-17-2014 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
I do remember a disgrunded bus driver hitting another bus head on a few years back...that really sucked imo.....anyhow..most folks take driving like blowing there nose.....you really need to pay attention and btw I follow roads..(IFR)

Did you run out of meds cappy?

mtgoat666 - 11-17-2014 at 05:58 PM

Quote:

why do you think one should not drive that road with cruise control?

some (many?) bus drivers drive a bit too aggressively and too fast, i have seen it many times, very believable that a bus driver was at fault

cappy, do you drive with that pooch on your lap? that's dangerous!

BajaBlanca - 11-17-2014 at 08:18 PM

OMG I take the bus and sometimes I am scared out of my wits.

It only takes one bus Cap. one bus is all it takes.

actually, one bus is all it took in this case.

The real point of this thread was
1. what an incredible person what incredible inspiration
2. sometimes Life sucks in the biggest way because robbery is just plain BAD. I do so hope they catch the perpetrator(s). and put them away!

PLEASE STICK TO THE MAIN IDEA, Cap, please, this is distressing to me to read. If I might ask you to drop it - there is no right or wrong here. His facts are his facts. It is HIS story that I wanted to share.

Alright then, roll the next commercial and lets get this show back on the road!